The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

11 hours ago, zdkaiser said:

Speaking of War on Drugs, what's the consensus on sound quality for the VMP mint green variant of the last album? I've had 2 copies of the black variant and both are pressed off-center and sound pretty poor, mostly pitch shifted. No sound quality comments on Discogs about the mint green version.

I don't have the green variant, but I have the purple variant and I always thought it sounded great. I don't recall any physical pressing issues either. I haven't spun it for a long time, but if I have time this weekend I'll do that and report back.

11 hours ago, tug said:

this thread is as close as i found to a vinyl coming soon thread so hopefully this is the correct place to say the used have a new album titled 'the canyon' believed to release on 9-15-17.  i know to make a PO thread as soon as the PO goes up but this is the hype before the PO soon.

Think there was talk of a VMP exclusive for it...

1 hour ago, wiscodeman said:

I don't have the green variant, but I have the purple variant and I always thought it sounded great. I don't recall any physical pressing issues either. I haven't spun it for a long time, but if I have time this weekend I'll do that and report back.

Thanks. Can you watch for side to side movement of your stylus? My black copy causes the needle to sway, because it's pressed off center.

Anyone else having trouble reactivating their subscription?

It keeps popping up with an error about my billing address, but I know my billing address is correct.... also, tried both paypal and direct credit card payment options. I emailed their support... hoping they don't take down the monthly subscription option before I get this figured out.

21 minutes ago, Dr.Kibbe said:

Anyone else having trouble reactivating their subscription?

It keeps popping up with an error about my billing address, but I know my billing address is correct.... also, tried both paypal and direct credit card payment options. I emailed their support... hoping they don't take down the monthly subscription option before I get this figured out.

I had an issue with that too last week, and they were able to fix it with a few emails.  The person that helped me said they would just 'manually' do it, whatever that means.  

Well I guess I'm eating my words. But this is one of the few times that I'm fine with being wrong. Reactivated my membership. Honestly, even more excited about the cover. It's the reason I put down the RSD reissue a few years back. And black would have been nice, but the variants are pretty.

6 minutes ago, aopps42 said:

I had an issue with that too last week, and they were able to fix it with a few emails.  The person that helped me said they would just 'manually' do it, whatever that means.  

Nice... yeah, their support got back to me with the quickness... not sure what the problem was, but they got it to process.

Although I've passed on different versions of this for different reasons, I'm excited to finally be getting it... also, my wife doesn't give me as much shit when I get records she actually likes.