The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

6 hours ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

Does anybody know if VMP is good about replacing LP covers with seam splits?

I send them a mail some weeks ago because I got a seam split on my Weezer and asked if it would be possible if they would send a new cover with my next shipment. Now I think they just send a whole new record. We'll see. So yeah they do it if you have pictures and I guess if it's severe enough.

On 5/24/2017 at 10:34 AM, ethereal said:

Some of you want a new jacket because of a seam split? C'mon guys, returning/requesting replacements is just going to jack up the prices for future releases.

I can see a damaged record, but a seam split? Some of you need to stick to CDs.

1 hour ago, vinyl addict said:

Some of you want a new jacket because of a seam split? C'mon guys, returning/requesting replacements is just going to jack up the prices for future releases.

is there a reason you quoted me from 4 months ago? lol

Just now, hype said:

It has been a few months since I got a referral so can anyone say about how long it takes to credit lately? I'd rather wait a bit longer before sending a message but the person that used my link has already asked twice.

If they used it on announcement day I'd email them.  Sometimes referrals get messed up on announcement day.  I find if they don't show up the same day they aren't go to show up.  

36 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

If they used it on announcement day I'd email them.  Sometimes referrals get messed up on announcement day.  I find if they don't show up the same day they aren't go to show up.  

Yeah, that makes sense. I forgot to ever message them on a release 2 months ago because I never got credit as well. They need to do something with the referral system to make it more accurate, I bet they get ridiculous amounts of emails. Thanks for the reply!

8 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

True... Such is the nature of mail-order

On 26-8-2017 at 3:54 PM, vinyl addict said:

This is almost 40 dollars a month for me in Belgium so it's pretty shitty if something's wrong with the record. And I know it's mostly DHL or UPS's fault but they can't give me a jacket and the Weezert jacket is pretty special so I'm happy that they send a new one. Also they could send it with the records outside of the jacket.

If they said no it would be ok for me as well, I'm not too fussy about my jackets. I think 1/10 on my records have a little bend in the jacket or something else but these are more special for me.

16 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

QFT.

So did we figure out if this VMP reissue has all the samples of the OG edition of Ready To Die? It's basically the only thing holding me back from resubscribing.

The only thing I have heard is VMP said on Twitter that it's the "definitive version".

17 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

QFT.

So did we figure out if this VMP reissue has all the samples of the OG edition of Ready To Die? It's basically the only thing holding me back from resubscribing.

They're kind of dancing around giving a straight answer which is concerning. Someone on the form said "well, I guess this doesn't have all of the samples" and a staff member replied with "we never said that :)". It's all really strange. 

30 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

Could it be they got some cleared and not others, and "definitive" is stand-in for "best we could do"? Because I'd take that especially if there's only a few they couldn't get. How different are the tracks?

The former RSD pressing has all of the samples but two.  I was going to get this because I would want to have all the samples, but until they tell me the difference between this VMP and RSD, I'll just wait.