The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

6 hours ago, dantheriver said:

For the wait list. Yea. Click "join now" and you'll get a wait list confirmation screen.

Nope. Just joined. 

Main

1 Month Domestic (active)

Your membership will activate on September 2, 2017.
You will be charged $29 + tax.

September Record of the month

The Notorious B.I.G. 'Ready to Die'
Learn more about this record
  • The Notorious B.I.G. 'Ready to Die'
Edited by noname

Some people may have made it off the list, but not more than like 5. Hardly anyone has dropped out. 

On the 2nd, we go to charge anyone who is signed up. If they don't have active pay options or they decide to drop when we email to say we're charging them, then there MIGHT be spaces. Not that there WILL, but there MIGHT. At that point, SOME people MIGHT make it in for Noname. I would bet that sometime next week, you'll find out for sure that you did or did not get in for Noname. 

Remember for the future that you can't trust anything lasting. If you think you might want something, get on it ASAP.

Quote from a VMP employee. 

On 8/28/2017 at 3:07 PM, armadillo01 said:

Could it be they got some cleared and not others, and "definitive" is stand-in for "best we could do"? Because I'd take that especially if there's only a few they couldn't get. How different are the tracks?

My thought is Bad Boy got them the original tapes and either didn't realize it had the original samples which they shouldn't be using, or told them to keep it low key. So VMP is being evasive so as not to draw too much attention to the fact that this has the original samples. So they act cute. 

2 minutes ago, ethereal said:

they told me the same thing and that the waitlist is pretty much for next month's hip-hop album, which isn't announced yet. I'm assuming it's a similar first time pressing deal like noname

They announced the first 2.  Next month is Common "Electric Circus"

47 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

My thought is Bad Boy got them the original tapes and either didn't realize it had the original samples which they shouldn't be using, or told them to keep it low key. So VMP is being evasive so as not to draw too much attention to the fact that this has the original samples. So they act cute. 

I Want To Believe (Your Theory). That would be great.

With The Dears and the John Maus boxsets coming out though, I might hold out on re-upping on membership after all, and hope that War on Drugs bundle lasts for a while longer. Then again I might just buy the new one from my local shop (bottle coke clear is probably better looking than bright orange anyway) and hope the blue Slave Ambient sticks around.

1 minute ago, YouTwo said:

They announced the first 2.  Next month is Common "Electric Circus"

Underrated album! I'd buy a copy on vinyl no question... I guess I'm re-subscribing next month.

27 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

I Want To Believe (Your Theory). That would be great.

With The Dears and the John Maus boxsets coming out though, I might hold out on re-upping on membership after all, and hope that War on Drugs bundle lasts for a while longer. Then again I might just buy the new one from my local shop (bottle coke clear is probably better looking than bright orange anyway) and hope the blue Slave Ambient sticks around.

Underrated album! I'd buy a copy on vinyl no question... I guess I'm re-subscribing next month.

Just so you know, you can buy the new War on Drugs without a membership.  But the bundle is a pretty good savings.

3 hours ago, noname said:

Nope. Just joined. 

Main

1 Month Domestic (active)

Your membership will activate on September 2, 2017.
You will be charged $29 + tax.

September Record of the month

The Notorious B.I.G. 'Ready to Die'
Learn more about this record
  • The Notorious B.I.G. 'Ready to Die'

That's what's up, but we've been talking about the Hip Hop add on sub to get the Noname album, not the main sub to get Biggie.

Long shot but would anyone with a VMP membership willing to help me get the War On Drugs bundle? 

I've currently got an order in just for the new record but the more I think about it, I'd really like Slave Ambient as well. Especially since it's only $10 more than what I'm paying for ADU with shipping.

On August 29, 2017 at 1:41 PM, hype said:

Quote from a VMP employee. 

Sounds like SRC, I mean VMP done fucked up I ordered my NoName first day avliable. Not getting one so far. Just bugs me VMP saying "should have ordered sooner" umm how bout you press a few moRe.? Make more money and the fans are happy? Just a thought . I only re-upped for biggie. Better be something like Dr. Lector to get me back

1 minute ago, B-dosia said:

Sounds like SRC, I mean VMP done fucked up I ordered my NoName first day avliable. Not getting one so far. Just bugs me VMP saying "should have ordered sooner" umm how bout you press a few moRe.? Make more money and the fans are happy? Just a thought . I only re-upped for biggie. Better be something like Dr. Lector to get me back

NoName had a vinyl release party where she sold & signed copies while people are also saying she has been hinting on twitter about selling them soon as well so i'm thinking it was a bigger pressing and VMP did not get them all. I would follow her on Twitter if you want a copy because if she does they will probably go fast as well.

3 hours ago, hype said:

NoName had a vinyl release party where she sold & signed copies while people are also saying she has been hinting on twitter about selling them soon as well so i'm thinking it was a bigger pressing and VMP did not get them all. I would follow her on Twitter if you want a copy because if she does they will probably go fast as well.

The said on the forums that there's 1,500. 500 of them went to Noname, and apparently sold more than half of them at that show/release party.

If I don't get a copy I'm gonna be mad, I don't know why they didn't press more that 1,500.

8 hours ago, hype said:

I hardly check twitter anymore, but I just followed her in hopes of scoring some vinyl. Thx for the heads up, I still say fuk VMP tho they did the same thing to me on the Quazimoto exclusive, I signed up first day and they don't mention they oversold till send out time. Don't tell me it took them a whole month to find out the 500 they had wasn't going to cut it

23 minutes ago, PookdaddyG said:

So according to this link http://forum.vinylmeplease.com/index.php?threads/september-17-member-store-picks.4950/

UGK's Underground Kingz (3LP, Wood Grain )

is being release. I know I am jumping the gun, but if anyone could pick this up for me, I will make it worth your while! 

CWBiYzg.png

I'd grab it for ya if I wasn't already planning to get it myself. So excited about this one. Been waiting for this album on vinyl for a lonnnng time.