The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

2 hours ago, hype said:

Anyone also know if they are going to make the add-on subscriptions separate from the ROTM after this month? I have zero interest in the st vincent record so im hoping they start.

They were originally talking about early Fall, but now they've updated that to trying their best to have Classics as a standalone by the end of the year. Hip hop will follow a bit after.

54 minutes ago, serotonein said:

They were originally talking about early Fall, but now they've updated that to trying their best to have Classics as a standalone by the end of the year. Hip hop will follow a bit after.

That's too bad. Thanks for the info though, much appreciated.

2 minutes ago, Smellman said:

How long does it typically take to get your $10 credit?

I signed up through a referral link last Friday(9/15)

It's usually immediate but their referral system can get wonky.  I'd check with the person who's link you used and see if they have theirs.  If not, one of you contact info@ with both email addresses and they will usually just apply them.

On 9/21/2017 at 5:11 AM, Smellman said:

I'll look into it then.

Thanks

The referral system is my only real complaint with them as I have def. lost some money due to not keeping track or just generally not feeling like tracking down the other person and then contacting vmp support. I had to contact them for any referrals I got for the Biggie album as well which was def. less then what I should have got. I will say there support is awesome which helps a lot but it's frustrating that it is still completely broken over a year later. 

On 9/18/2017 at 6:40 PM, wiscodeman said:

Can anyone who grabbed the new War On Drugs album listen to side C and tell me if they hear weird audio pressing issues towards the end of Thinking Of A Place and in spots in In Chains? I might request a replacement because it's pretty bad on mine..

Delayed response, but I hear it in Thinking of a Place more than In Chains. Let me know if your replacement sounds better. 

17 hours ago, artofrecords said:

loving a few of their exclusives, but is it worth the cost of subscription? 

I would say only subscribe if there's a Record of the Month you really want. Then, to make it worth your while, buy as many exclusives as you'd like (keep in mind you might save on cost if you use someone's referral link).

I've liked everything they've pressed that I've bought from them tbh.

18 hours ago, artofrecords said:

loving a few of their exclusives, but is it worth the cost of subscription? 

Yeah, only join if you want that months record or you are cool with doing a 3 month subscription so you can substitute for something else. Like armadillo said though, all the records I have gotten from them have been great pressings and they are extremely easy to work with if you ever have any problems.

6 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

I would say only subscribe if there's a Record of the Month you really want. Then, to make it worth your while, buy as many exclusives as you'd like (keep in mind you might save on cost if you use someone's referral link).

I've liked everything they've pressed that I've bought from them tbh.

Sweet, thanks. If you get any credit for a referral I'd gladly go through your link. I recently saw the Fleet Foxes exclusive and a few others I would've loved to have picked up.

5 hours ago, hype said:

Yeah, only join if you want that months record or you are cool with doing a 3 month subscription so you can substitute for something else. Like armadillo said though, all the records I have gotten from them have been great pressings and they are extremely easy to work with if you ever have any problems.

That's great to know. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

I just got an email officially announcing that they will officially be announcing that St. Vincent "Masseducation" will be November's ROTM.  Not really surprising based on the guess thread.  

Does it say how it differs from the deluxe? Since it's been postponed till next Friday, I'd be willing to cancel my BM order if the VMP variant is worth it. 

5 minutes ago, AdamJNovak said:

Does it say how it differs from the deluxe? Since it's been postponed till next Friday, I'd be willing to cancel my BM order if the VMP variant is worth it. 

It does not.  It's blue vinyl with an alternate yellow background from what I can tell.  VMP has been teasing some kind of add-on item for it but that won't get revealed until October 17h.