The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

Just now, YouTwo said:

I'm not sure and it's hard to say.  In 16 months I've only gotten one and it was in a replacement record. 

Well that's about the frequency I've experienced. Almost same amount of time, and I've only received one (in the St Vincent record). If you're still looking for it, let me know. 

6 minutes ago, djghost1976 said:

If anyone missed out on the VMP Madlib 'Flight To Brazil' release, Rappcats just put up the remaining copies (about 160 left).  1000 made and hand-numbered.  

http://www.rappcats.com/shop/madlib-medicine-show-2-flight-to-brazil-lp/

was just about to post this.. thinking about making it it's own post for better visibility..

27 minutes ago, djghost1976 said:

If anyone missed out on the VMP Madlib 'Flight To Brazil' release, Rappcats just put up the remaining copies (about 160 left).  1000 made and hand-numbered.  

Heads up: Shipping is $15 to the US.

44 minutes ago, djghost1976 said:

anyone have this that can report on sound quality? the discogs comments are a mixed bag

42 minutes ago, ethereal said:

anyone have this that can report on sound quality? the discogs comments are a mixed bag

Mine is fine - there's a lot of sampling so always going to get some imperfections. It's not the sort of music where you'd notice it.

Really enjoyable mix and my favourite of the Medicine Show titles - loads of fun!

I can't speak for personal experience but the madlib medicine show releases coming out lately originally only came out on CD (the odd number ones were always original compositions that came out on multiple formats and the even numbers were cd only),they are all DJ mixes mostly of obscure records from his collection so it's never going to be audiophile quality but for what it is I can't imagine them being worse than the CDs that sounded pretty good, really liked the reggae one in particular 

On 1/6/2018 at 6:59 AM, YouTwo said:

Just be aware, VMP said if anymore of these would go up it would be a different pressing, not VMP's.  If that matters to anyone. 

Just to add to this, they also mentioned they plan on getting another 500 copies (repress) that will have all the bells and whistles of the first VMP release (e.g., obi, foil stamp, etc.) in the store at some point down the road. It is part of a 2000 repress of the album (1500 to telephone with standard packaging; 500 to VMP with the goods). 

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/12/2017 at 2:58 PM, armadillo01 said:

Anyone wonder if this will lead  to a Play: The B-Sides 2xLP, maybe on persimmon coloured vinyl? I'd be interested in owning both if both were available rather than either separately tbh.

Welp, Sound of Vinyl had this exact thing on-sale today, very limited quantities but I was at work. By the time I got home, the link to the webpage was removed. I guess it sold out.

I would have splurged on this and re-upped for VMP just to get the entire Play-era tracks. If this PO reappears please let the board know.

14 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

Welp, Sound of Vinyl had this exact thing on-sale today, very limited quantities but I was at work. By the time I got home, the link to the webpage was removed. I guess it sold out.

I would have splurged on this and re-upped for VMP just to get the entire Play-era tracks. If this PO reappears please let the board know.

https://www.normanrecords.com/records/169140-moby-play-the-bsides

https://www.banquetrecords.com/moby/play%3A-the-b-sides/IDIOT62LP2

http://www.resident-music.com/productdetails&product_id=53645

3 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

Some of you will complain about literally anything. Sorry but there's a spectrum of how POs work: Suck it up, burtercups. Grab some perspective while you're at it. Life is better when you realize being butthurt about shit like this is degenerate. 

Because complaining that the rest of us are not attuned to your unstated and subjective definition of what constitutes a sale in another thread is the exact same thing as a mild expression of regret which got resolved within minutes, right above your post. Gotcha. 

Never mind the fact that I'm letting people who are excited about the regular Play know that the companion LP is on vinyl for the first time, my ACTUAL intent.

Edited by armadillo01

48 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

Because complaining that the rest of us are not attuned to your unstated and subjective definition of what constitutes a sale in another thread is the exact same thing as a mild expression of regret which got resolved within minutes, right above your post. Gotcha. 

Never mind the fact that I'm letting people who are excited about the regular Play know that the companion LP is on vinyl for the first time, my ACTUAL intent.

x6Znl6s.gif