The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

7 minutes ago, hype said:

Yeah, I seen that 3 month hip hop gift subscription but I already have the Erykah Badu which stopped me from getting it last month as well. It's all good though, just frustrating.

Anyone that's a current member know if Guru is a switch option this month?

It is.

If you're still angry that you missed the Guru Jazzmatazz Vol 1 from VMP, you can pick up a standard copy (not VMP edition) on Amazon for $9.89 right now. Not a bad price. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HF1PI62/ref=as_li_ss_tl?_encoding=UTF8/?&linkCode=sl1&tag=a2t-vinyl-20&linkId=523192548214e1829fb224405fca9578

On 1/28/2018 at 5:29 PM, hype said:

This guy on there support is ridiculous.. I already corrected him on something else as well so I am not even surprised.. Thanks though, i'll shoot one more email now that he is obviously wrong again.

I also swapped for Guru successfully. Guru is limited to 2000 (I think). Is it possible that many folks swapped? That'd be nuts. 

On 1/27/2018 at 8:32 PM, SandwichRecords said:

If you're still angry that you missed the Guru Jazzmatazz Vol 1 from VMP, you can pick up a standard copy (not VMP edition) on Amazon for $9.89 right now. Not a bad price. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HF1PI62/ref=as_li_ss_tl?_encoding=UTF8/?&linkCode=sl1&tag=a2t-vinyl-20&linkId=523192548214e1829fb224405fca9578

I wasn't angry because I didn't know it existed until now! Regardless, thanks for the heads up on the Amazon bargain!

18 hours ago, SandwichRecords said:

I also swapped for Guru successfully. Guru is limited to 2000 (I think). Is it possible that many folks swapped? That'd be nuts. 

They only put up a certain allotment for swap. These come and go as people change swaps. 

It may very well be the case that the allotment was gone when someone asked if it was available. For example, Deviations was available for a handful of users SWAP this month but was quickly gobbled up...

Bottom line, if you want to swap, your best bet is to jump on as soon as the ROTM is announced and check your options and lock in one you are happy with. Then go back periodically throughout the month to check if inventory has changed. 

I finally was able to swap. The guy said he just found out the plan for the record yesterday and could do the swap haha not sure why it took an entire week to get to that when all the members already knew but I got it so its all good in the end.

Surprised as well that T.Y.E. - 32 is still available in the flash sale for only 13.. Really solid album and a steal at that price imo.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, colbourne25 said:

When i first had a look at the guess thread and saw in brackets "Everything you know is wrong" my first though was U2 Achtung Baby or Zooropa as that particular line was flashed up on their screens a lot on that tour...

I think they just put that line because no one has any idea what it is yet.    As much as I would love Achtung Baby or Zooropa it won't be because one of the clues is that it came out during a president's 2nd term.   And those came out during Bush's first and only term and Clinton's first term.