The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

1 minute ago, hype said:

The other day I weighed my collection and sure enough I have a record that is only 167 grams while my friend has a copy of the same record that is the full 180 grams and I hear details in his copy that just are not present in mine  : //  #fuckingIRATE #mylifeisover

You must be missing the third guitar track cuz that one was only 13 grams when I checked my record sections. What's your email I'll text it to you.

These people do realize that you could cut the same grooves into a 45lb slab of wax and it'd sound the same as their 120g disc right?

A E S T H E T I C

Feels good in yer hands, man

Artwork is better when you can gently glide your fingers across the embossed cover artw... WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE EMBOSSED ELEMENTS? GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK AND EXTRA FOR THE TIME OFF WORK I NEED FOR GRIEVING.

Just now, mucusoffmybrain said:

How's the VMP Doggystyle sound? Anyone compare to the version that's readily available elsewhere?

Sounds terrible, there's only one pocket for the records so they had to cut the sound quality in half

There's no finer moment than when you slowly slit open the cellophane wrapping down the opening spine of your newly-delivered overpriced record reissue. After fumbling through the awkward process of tearing that baby off, you slowly turn her around, sneaking glances at every corner to make sure she's as perfect as the early mockup looked. Not a bumped corner or wrinkle in sight. You advance now as your heart rate increases.

And then, the moment that can only be rivaled by actual coitus,  you grab the opening slit with your fingertips to unveil its inner gatefold beauty and WHAT IN THE ABSOLUTE FUCK, IT'S JUST A SINGLE SLEEVE???

I post more on the VMP side as a lot of their exclusives and store variants actually end up cheaper for us Canucks than ordering direct through US/EU stores. I'm a big supporter and really enjoy how they expose me to music I wouldn't find on my own given time constraints, where I look, etc.

That said, the forum is toxic as heck sometimes. There's a group of on/off/disgruntled members that struggle to not sweat the small stuff, and I just don't get it (I should, it's the god damn internet...). When I log on, 1/2 the time it feels like I walked into a restaurant with a bunch of people who HATE the restaurant but keep coming back to let the chefs and management know how they fucked up, or like a child who keeps telling you they are going to call the social services on you but you know they never will. Give up the ghost, please...

Anyways, I do want to say that all communities have their issues, as I think VC can sometimes also display those aggressive / over-obsessive tendencies. But damn, the VMP forum takes it to another level sometimes...

Gatefolds are pretty rare for hip-hop records. I guess I didn't read the description too well, 'cause I wasn't even expecting it to be a gatefold. Now that I know that it was, that shits going back until I get a satisfactory explanation as to why they lied to me & they send out the gatefold jacket that I'm owed! 

2 hours ago, My Upvote is A Downvote said:

I suppose only personal experience could bring one to make this comparison.

If you work with kids (e.g. a teacher) it's not uncommon. My first year teaching (3rd grade) my most troubled student told me "I'm gone tell my momma you hit me so you get fired." Of course, neither ever happened.

7 hours ago, swb said:

Lol. There are definitely different posting styles between VMP and VC. Both have their upsides and downsides and I think it depends what downsides you prefer to tolerate.  I'm too soft to rage into threads and come at people (or have people come at me) so I definitely spend more time tolerating the downsides of VMP. :P

YOU GET IN HERE AND RAGE OR YOU GET THE FUCK OUT!  ;)

6 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

We need a rage thread. Once an argument lasts 10 posts we just go over there and insult each other before it's finally time to kiss.

Cut out the middle section. Just mandatory VC Makeout Club

Not to be confused with Makeoutclub. Which might be too obscure a reference, but remember that shit?

16 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

There's no finer moment than when you slowly slit open the cellophane wrapping down the opening spine of your newly-delivered overpriced record reissue. After fumbling through the awkward process of tearing that baby off, you slowly turn her around, sneaking glances at every corner to make sure she's as perfect as the early mockup looked. Not a bumped corner or wrinkle in sight. You advance now as your heart rate increases.

And then, the moment that can only be rivaled by actual coitus,  you grab the opening slit with your fingertips to unveil its inner gatefold beauty and WHAT IN THE ABSOLUTE FUCK, IT'S JUST A SINGLE SLEEVE???

Sorry you can't afford to be a VMP member