The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

21 minutes ago, wiscodeman said:

Is SFTD actually rumored, or are you just saying that? I really want a proper reissue of that to exist.

It's been guessed but may have been shot down already.

42 minutes ago, whosnotwo said:

Sorry you can't afford to be a VMP member

Honey, don't even go there. I'm currently on a three-month sub but will NOT renew after Gatefoldgate.

Edited by lethalenforcer

Songs for the Deaf is guessed every month.  One of the hints this month is Indie Rock.  I don't think QOTSA quite fits that clue.  You could make a case but I don't think so.  Also one of the staff said the next really big album they have planned is for November now.  Songs for the Deaf would probably fall as a really big album for them.  

1 hour ago, VinylMario said:

TIL that according to VMP, VC is the cool table...

Do they have a fedora thread too? I was joking about the neckbeards thing but that's a classic line haha.

Holy shit I looked at the thread and they're actually posting links to articles about people going to jail over false advertising. What?

Imagine the caucasity it takes to actually sit down and compose a letter this long, while the entire gist of said letter is "IM LEABIN DIS GROUP WAHHH"

My note to [email protected]:

Hi,

I'm writing today to express my concerns over some recent advertising and quality control issues. I am one of the customers who was expecting to receive Doggystyle in a gatefold, tip-on jacket. I was very surprised when I received the record in a different jacket than was advertised. I was even more surprised to read the message from Cam on the forums, which suggested that the only remedy to this issue was to return the record for a refund. And I am most surprised (and extremely concerned) that no official communication has gone out to people who ordered the record. I am sure it isn't intentional, but this is an issue of false advertising - you not only told people they were getting a specific type of packaging, but you presented it as a selling feature of the record. I think you owe it to your customers to be completely transparent about the mistake was made. It is concerning to me, from an ethical standpoint, that this has not happened yet. This is a matter of trust.

I have experienced a number of shipping and quality control issues since joining the club. First, I purchased what I was told was a VMP exclusive version of Madvillainy, and received a standard version of it. In that case, I was refunded after I contacted support. I have since had problems with a number of records and the quality of the pressings. Some I have received replacements for - in the case of Tom Waits - Closing Time, I am on my 3rd copy, and all of them are extremely noisy. In the case of Beach House, I am still waiting for my replacement record. There have been a number of records I have purchased that were not as advertised - either they had packaging that was different from what was advertised, or the speed of the record was not made clear, or in the case of Miles & Coltrane, missing listening notes. In each case, VMP has "made things right" after the fact, but I have serious doubts now about ordering from VMP and receiving what I ordered, or receiving a good, working copy of the music.

I think I am a good customer. In 2018, I have purchased 66 records from Vinyl Me Please. Until I am comfortable that things are changing at Vinyl Me, Please, I will not be ordering any records above what I have already paid for. At this point, given the communication I have received as a customer, I have to vote with my wallet. It's a real shame. When things go well, it is a great club. But deliberately deceiving customers and not owning up to mistakes proactively is not behaviour that I can support.

Paul/Josh - If you could please forward this on to Cam and anyone else in the organization who is responsible for customer communication, I would greatly appreciate it.

Regards,