Jump to content
Deoxitizer

The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

Recommended Posts

Just now, thievedrelic said:

Play just got reissued last year though.  I would hope that VMP would focus on things that were a little harder to find, but I guess historically that has not been their modus operandi.

Yeah, "Boxer" had a bunch of re-issues and was readily available so it doesn't always eliminate something.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not familiar with vmp.  If you don't like the record of the month can you switch it for something in the store or an earlier record of the month release?  I've been contemplating joining for a while now.  Also do you have to subscribe to the regular package to be able to get the hip- hop package or can you get pick that one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Skeezer13 said:

I'm not familiar with vmp.  If you don't like the record of the month can you switch it for something in the store or an earlier record of the month release?  I've been contemplating joining for a while now.  Also do you have to subscribe to the regular package to be able to get the hip- hop package or can you get pick that one

Yes you can swap with older titles in stock. And you do need to do the main sub to get the rap hip hop.  I'd start with a 3 months to see if you like it.  And there's plenty of $10 codes around... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MD82 said:

Is there any specific logic to what you're able to swap for? If the ROTM is Play, I'd probably swap for Jazzmatazz if possible. It's not always clear to me what's available for swapping but I could just be dense. 

if you go on to your account page, then memberships, you're given an option to swap the record of the month. if you click on that, it will show you all the records available to swap. it's usually previous ROTM and other exclusives, but I don't think you can see until they release the new ROTM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MD82 said:

Is there any specific logic to what you're able to swap for? If the ROTM is Play, I'd probably swap for Jazzmatazz if possible. It's not always clear to me what's available for swapping but I could just be dense. 

You usually can't swap for things that just went on sale like Jazzamatazz.  It usually has to be in the store for a cycle before you can swap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They announced February and March's hip-hop sub releases. February is De La Soul's Buhloone Mind State and Erykah Badu's But I Caint Use My Phone. This is the first official US pressing of Buhloone Mind State but it'll be missing the interludes do to sample issues. I like both albums but not sure if I'll get either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, danyc said:

Interested in the Moby Play, but it says it's re-recorded! So what the hell does that mean in this case? Is the album then different from the original? VMP needs to clarify this, if they haven't already. 

They clarified on their forum that Moby only re-recorded parts of the album and it doesn't seem like it's anything majorly noticeable.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

I'm pretty sure The side subscriptions are only month to month.  Someone who subscribes to one can correct me if I'm wrong. 

Yeah, side subs are month to month. Easy to cancel if you don't like the next record or sign back up if you do (assuming it's not a super high-demand release, then you'll be added to a waitlist).

Edited by erikness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Skeezer13 said:

If you subscribe to the regular membership can you son hip hop sub month to month or do you have to do at least 3 month?

I was on month to month when I got the noname release so unless they changed it in the last few months which I doubt you should be good! 

 

On another note, can someone please copy the swap options for January? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2017 at 6:43 PM, hype said:

I was on month to month when I got the noname release so unless they changed it in the last few months which I doubt you should be good! 

 

On another note, can someone please copy the swap options for January? 

There are almost 90 options, including past ROTM and older exclusives (nothing that came out from the Dec store), so that's a bit much to just copy over. However there is NO 'Demon Days' there but it is in the store to purchase. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×