Jump to content
Deoxitizer

The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, yarostino said:

Damn it! Listened to Tennis but it didn't really click yet. Is it possible to use the $10 off for a single VPM release or just for the monthly plans?

You can use it in the store.  But you still need to take Tennis, or sign up after the 15th for April to have access to the store.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yarostino said:

Damn it! Listened to Tennis but it didn't really click yet. Is it possible to use the $10 off for a single VPM release or just for the monthly plans?

Just sign-up after the Tennis ROTM turns (as YouTwo mentioned, after the 15th) and you should be good. If you sign-up on the 16th you will get access to this month's store as well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, YouTwo said:

You can use it in the store.  But you still need to take Tennis, or sign up after the 15th for April to have access to the store.

 

9 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

Just sign-up after the Tennis ROTM turns (as YouTwo mentioned, after the 15th) and you should be good. If you sign-up on the 16th you will get access to this month's store as well!

Thank you both!

Edited by yarostino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys.  That variant is clearly a narrative on McDonalds and the efficiency of a cheaper, available option.  FJM is encouraging you

to step back and realize our culture is fixated on the sloppy condiment-soaked vinyl of this day and age.  You're not looking deep enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

You guys.  That variant is clearly a narrative on McDonalds and the efficiency of a cheaper, available option.  FJM is encouraging you

to step back and realize our culture is fixated on the sloppy condiment-soaked vinyl of this day and age.  You're not looking deep enough.

I like Father John Misty but I also like your "Statler and Waldorf"-esque interjections in this thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Random question time.

 

I just realized I had the Mick Jenkins in my cart from a few months ago that has been long sold out but it let me checkout today and purchase it. Has anyone ever done something similar to this?

 

I am fully expecting it to get cancelled but I am surprised it even let me fully purchase it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

I like Father John Misty but I also like your "Statler and Waldorf"-esque interjections in this thread

To be honest, I tried Honeybear out quite a few times over the last few years, but it never really hit home with me.  His vocals and delivery sort of rub me the wrong way; I don't know if it's a mix of the theatrics or what, but it's not for me.  As if that isn't enough, though, the nose-in-the-air nature of some [but not necessarily all] of his lyrics are too fun to not poke fun at – especially some of the pretentious shit that gets said off album.  I don't think FJM is anywhere near the worst thing I see peddled on the boards, but for me his music holds more merit for ridicule than it does personal enjoyment.

 

$0.02.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, neo_styles said:

That was a TENSE on-sale. Managed to grab a copy of FJM; figure if I own it, maybe I'll actually learn to get it. Also picked up way more than any reasonable human being should.

Just an observation:

 

I checked out the VMP message board last night and noticed a palpable over-excitedness and  hive mentality. Elevated excitement over mediocre artists on a different color of wax... it's like they're VC on meth-infused steroids.

 

(Didn't mean to single you out, btw neo_styles, and if it makes you happy, good on 'ya!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, freedumb said:

Just an observation:

 

I checked out the VMP message board last night and noticed a palpable over-excitedness and  hive mentality. Elevated excitement over mediocre artists on a different color of wax... it's like they're VC on meth-infused steroids.

 

(Didn't mean to single you out, btw neo_styles, and if it makes you happy, good on 'ya!)

Isn't that all of us on this board too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, freedumb said:

Just an observation:

 

I checked out the VMP message board last night and noticed a palpable over-excitedness and  hive mentality. Elevated excitement over mediocre artists on a different color of wax... it's like they're VC on meth-infused steroids.

 

(Didn't mean to single you out, btw neo_styles, and if it makes you happy, good on 'ya!)

Imma need some of those meth infused steroids. Sound tasty!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, freedumb said:

Just an observation:

 

I checked out the VMP message board last night and noticed a palpable over-excitedness and  hive mentality. Elevated excitement over mediocre artists on a different color of wax... it's like they're VC on meth-infused steroids.

 

(Didn't mean to single you out, btw neo_styles, and if it makes you happy, good on 'ya!)

Nope. Totally agree with you. We're all rabid fans here and there. Even if the FJM is totally not my thing, I ended up getting a lot of potentially interesting things. Life will move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, freedumb said:

I checked out the VMP message board last night and noticed a palpable over-excitedness and  hive mentality.

I've noticed the same thing with Mondo (specifically curated) releases. Thousands of copies of the same (or slightly different) thing may be available in other places, but if it's something in one of those stores people buy it likes it's on fire.

 

I'm sure price+shipping+credits has a lot to do with it for VMP for example, but the /750 FJM album sold out in minutes while the /1000 UO version will be available for ages. Same thing happened with the Stranger Things OST.

 

Edited by lethalenforcer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×