Deoxitizer

The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

2,580 posts in this topic

I don't understand why people subscribe to threads, but I apologize for the e-mails you are probably getting from the mass amount of referral links.

 

Here's mine: http://fbuy.me/fgmPa

 

But really, this package looks really good all things considered. I was expecting a black pressing so the red really surprised me. I remember almost buying a bootleg a couple months ago but I knew I'd be kicking myself when it inevitably got repressed. I hope it sounds as good as it deserves. 

stl_ben and jonnywreck like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

Ok, I didn't know that. 

 

You should get an email when someone uses your referral.  I've had a couple people say they used my link and don't see the $10 so I emailed VMP with their email addresses to check on it.  

It can take up to a day or two especially with all the traffic they are probably getting. If anyone wants there credit faster just directly message support and they usually are more then happy to help. They def. need to improve there referral system though pretty badly to make everything more obvious when it all worked right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hype said:

It can take up to a day or two especially with all the traffic they are probably getting. If anyone wants there credit faster just directly message support and they usually are more then happy to help. They def. need to improve there referral system though pretty badly to make everything more obvious when it all worked right.

Is it so damn hard to just give us a promo code to put into the subscription that gives them the $10, bet any coder could do that decently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vector53 said:

If anything, it would probably save them the hours that they are gonna do reading our 'referral emails not working?!?!' emails.

It is crazy honestly. This system has been flawed for over a year and has not been fixed. Like you said the promo code idea would be perfect and I have seen it mentioned several times but I guess that would be a bit too easy. They could still have unique codes for each user so the referral credits are exactly the same.

 

The other thing is the shortened urls are super shady looking from people you do not know since the full url could be literally anything. Can't complain too much about free money though I guess haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1. Since everyone is kinda being messy and just posting referral links, I'll do the first person who PM's me, because I've been wanting Demon Days forever.

2. To add to the Gorrilaz hype, he's an alleged leaked tracklisting with feature of the new album, and if this is true I'm hyped https://hypebeast.com/2017/3/gorillazs-album-tracklist-leaked?utm_source=facebook(paid)&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=facebook-paid

 

Edit: Alright got a code.

Edited by Reshiram454

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Subscribed.  Grabbed a boot of this a couple years ago and always said I'd get a legit copy if it got repressed.

 

Here you go: http://fbuy.me/fgkIT

 

Also, I used my friends referral when I signed up.  And there was literally no indication between clicking the link and paying for the subscription about a referral being used.  Is that normal?  I read in here that we get the $10 later, so I'm just making sure.

 

And if we get it later, we have the option to use it before we're charged next month?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The referral system isn't meant to be spammed like this release will make it...

 

It's meant to be shared directly through e-mail, FB, twitter.... furthermore, you don't actually get the referral until people are charged. Due to the different billing cycles this can't be applied right away. So yes, a promo code could work, but would be just as confusing in terms of cashflow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FiggyPuddling said:

 Is that normal?  I read in here that we get the $10 later, so I'm just making sure.

 

And if we get it later, we have the option to use it before we're charged next month?

Yes, but if you signed up for one month, you will have to use it in store or on your next sub. Not the current one (unless you went longer on the sub). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Subscribed.  Grabbed a boot of this a couple years ago and always said I'd get a legit copy if it got repressed.

 

Here you go: http://fbuy.me/fgkIT

 

Also, I used my friends referral when I signed up.  And there was literally no indication between clicking the link and paying for the subscription about a referral being used.  Is that normal?  I read in here that we get the $10 later, so I'm just making sure.

 

And if we get it later, we have the option to use it before we're charged next month?

He should get an email within the hour saying he had a referral signup under his link. That is normal though for no indication it worked sadly, the referral system is def. a bit flawed.

 

The $10 credit shows up within a day or two, sometimes faster but with the volume of people signing up I would bet on at least a day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

You should get an email when someone uses your referral.  I've had a couple people say they used my link and don't see the $10 so I emailed VMP with their email addresses to check on it.  

Ive gotten the emails but don't see the credit actually applied in my account on the VMP site, is that normal or will it appear there when it's been added?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

The referral system isn't meant to be spammed like this release will make it...

 

It's meant to be shared directly through e-mail, FB, twitter.... furthermore, you don't actually get the referral until people are charged. Due to the different billing cycles this can't be applied right away. So yes, a promo code could work, but would be just as confusing in terms of cashflow. 

IDK about that. I think they fully expected it to be like this honestly. The Fugees and especially the Weezer album were both crazy with link spamming all over the internet as well. Probably other releases as well those were just the only two I was interested in and actually paying attention.

 

That is a good point about the billing cycles but the one thing about a promo code is when you put it in during checkout it would say "Coupon Applied" or something which in itself would be a huge help in letting people at least know they did it right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Can someone change this topic's title to "VMP Referral Codes", and start a new thread pertaining to releases?

Beat me to it. This is getting fuckin' ridiculous.

 

Just put it in your sig so we can change the subject.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Well, I used the code from erikness, so I appreciate the free money! Kinda amazing VMP got the exclusive rights to repress this!

 

I see no issues with everyone passing along the savings (I refuse to say "Pay It Forward").... So if you wanna use my code, feel free. I'm definitely grabbing that National rainbow splatter.

http://fbuy.me/fgnA9

 

EDIT: Sorry, posted the link before changing my sig. 

Edited by filthyrich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ethereal said:

Ive gotten the emails but don't see the credit actually applied in my account on the VMP site, is that normal or will it appear there when it's been added?

Usually takes a day or two for it to apply. If you got the emails you should be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ethereal said:

Ive gotten the emails but don't see the credit actually applied in my account on the VMP site, is that normal or will it appear there when it's been added?

I've had times where I got the email before and it didn't show up in my account or at check out, but when I got the email receipt it was applied.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For all this talk about Fugees and Weezer being AoTM that sold out.... I'm looking at the store right now and they're both still available?

 

Also, not sure why some of these things are "Member Exclusives." Pretty sure you can buy that Bob Dylan Albert Hall album or Pixies "Come On Pilgrim" anywhere on line,  seeing how neither is a unique colored pressing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, filthyrich said:

For all this talk about Fugees and Weezer being AoTM that sold out.... I'm looking at the store right now and they're both still available?

 

Also, not sure why some of these things are "Member Exclusives." Pretty sure you can buy that Bob Dylan Albert Hall album or Pixies "Come On Pilgrim" anywhere on line,  seeing how neither is a unique colored pressing. 

Their "curated" releases have a member exclusive window of 7 days.  The store opened on the 16th so only members can buy them until the 23rd.  Store Exclusives have a 30 day window and AOTM have a 1 year window.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now