The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

17 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

Colour me disappointed too. Is that common for the drink recipes? There's "synergistic branding" ("Hey, common brand x of liquor who we are namechecking for $$$ mixes the best with recipe y") and then there's "buy our 'partners' exclusive ingredients or you're fucked" :rolleyes:

Pretty common I have noticed.  All the recipes I have checked usually always have at least a few ingredients that not only expensive but I will also probably never use them again so I have never made one. It was a cool concept but I am not that serious about my alcohol consumption.

There is a guy on Youtube named "Vinyl Rewind" that does reviews of all the albums and used to also make the drinks as well but I do not know if he still does.

I find the drink cocktails generally TOO unique for actually making out of a standard bar most people have in their homes. Don't get much value out of that but saving them for a rainy day hopefully. *shrug*

I have also found my inner / outer sleeve fit becoming very snug in the most recent AOTM. Small nitpick, but considering the card stock on the outers and printed inners, I believe it's a symptom of a quality package that has +25k units floating around. 

1 hour ago, hype said:

Pretty common I have noticed.  All the recipes I have checked usually always have at least a few ingredients that not only expensive but I will also probably never use them again so I have never made one. It was a cool concept but I am not that serious about my alcohol consumption.

There is a guy on Youtube named "Vinyl Rewind" that does reviews of all the albums and used to also make the drinks as well but I do not know if he still does.

What is this mystery ingredient everyone is talking about?

39 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

What is this mystery ingredient everyone is talking about?

Owl's Brew Wicked Green (tea, peppers, agave, citrus mix)... TFW the one uber-snobby cocktail store in town which carries over two dozen brands of bitters doesn't carry this stuff.

Laguna Salt Co. Lemon Sea Flake Salt (I figure cheapo pickling salt + homemade lemon peel flakes using a cheese grater or lemon powder could do the trick for this).

39 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

Owl's Brew Wicked Green (tea, peppers, agave, citrus mix)... TFW the one uber-snobby cocktail store in town which carries over two dozen brands of bitters doesn't carry this stuff.

Laguna Salt Co. Lemon Sea Flake Salt (I figure cheapo pickling salt + homemade lemon peel flakes using a cheese grater or lemon powder could do the trick for this).

Yeah, both of these seem like things that could easily be substituted, which is why I was wondering what they were. People have to complain about something though, I guess.

Green tea infused with habanero, lemon and lime isn't crazy, nor is lemon salt. ::shrug::

9 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Yeah, both of these seem like things that could easily be substituted, which is why I was wondering what they were. People have to complain about something though, I guess.

Green tea infused with habanero, lemon and lime isn't crazy, nor is lemon salt. ::shrug::

Do you have a favorite recipe you'd like to share?

1 hour ago, jonnywreck said:

Do you have a favorite recipe you'd like to share?

I've recently been wanting to try a boulevardier. It's nothing crazy, (somewhat similar to a Manhattan, also often compared to a negroni) but I've never had one before. Surprisingly enough I don't have any campari stocked and I've been so sick the last few days drinking hasn't really been on my mind.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boulevardier_(cocktail)

if if you're talking about a recipe for the substitute ingredients above it would just be trying to figure out a ratio you like involving those listed ingredients though.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I've recently been wanting to try a boulevardier. It's nothing crazy, (somewhat similar to a Manhattan, also often compared to a negroni) but I've never had one before.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boulevardier_(cocktail)

if if you're talking about a recipe for the substitute ingredients above it would just be trying to figure out a ratio you like involving those listed ingredients though.

This sounds delicious and will now replace VMP's cocktail pairing. But to clarify, I'm not typically a "pairing" type of guy; however, I do somehow have a problem finding new cocktail recipes that are to my liking.

Also, I forgot to mention that I got lucky and happened to have gotten a fantastic pressing, and the bass sounds incredibly rich.

i've got the 0day newzbin hookup if anyone wants to slack me we can get some high level deals done via silkroad. bitcoins, ripple, ethereum, monero, mythril, or litecoin transactions only. tnks

edit: you beat me to it richardsurf. faster than i could google "cryptocurrencies for fuckboys"

Edited by rooks