The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

52 minutes ago, spoon said:

If that's the case I may have to sign up next month (if that's even possible) to try score a copy of Fleet Foxes. Worst case scenario I'll end up with a presumably sweet new record from Kevin Morby.

You're most likely going to have to sign up for Fiona Apple to have access to FF.  I'm not sure what the cut off is but the store opens in the 16th.

1 minute ago, spoon said:

Thanks for the heads up, I'll look into that.

I don't know if I can use a referral code seeing as I've had an account with them before but if it's as simple as using a different email and putting my wife's name on the account instead I'll lift a code from the thread if I can find one. 

You'll probably need a different email.  

3 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Can you elaborate on this?

I'm not sure when the cut off date is to receive one months album or the next.  But if it's after the 16th he would need to sign up to get access to the store and would receive Fiona.  If it's before the 16th he can sign up that day and get access to the store and get June as the first one.

Just now, YouTwo said:

I'm not sure when the cut off date is to receive one months album or the next.  But if it's after the 16th he would need to sign up to get access to the store and would receive Fiona.  If it's before the 16th he can sign up that day and get access to the store and get June as the first one.

I gotcha'.  I think I just misread your post.  When they have a store exclusive pop up, it's just a blood bath on the spot, right?  And if enough copies are presssed and they survive orders, then they're opened up to non-subscribers in the store?  Any idea what time they pop up in the store?

6 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I gotcha'.  I think I just misread your post.  When they have a store exclusive pop up, it's just a blood bath on the spot, right?  And if enough copies are presssed and they survive orders, then they're opened up to non-subscribers in the store?  Any idea what time they pop up in the store?

The Fleet Foxes one hasn't been officially announced by VMP.  Most likely it will be available in the store when it opens on May 16.  Stores haven't been too bad since they implomented 1 per customer but I suspect that one will go fast.  The "bloodbath" were mainly because the store crashed but that hasn't happened in a while.

11 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Yeah, any popular release with a low number will go very quickly but I will say since they added the new rule where members are only allowed 1 copy of new releases things last MUCH longer then in the past. The store opens at 9am Pacific time but many times it opens a few minutes before so it is a good idea to keep checking to get a bit of a head start.

Edited by hype

2 hours ago, Andthejets27 said:

I signed up for Tidal but don't want to continue into the next ROTM. When would I have to cancel by to ensure I'm not charged for the ROTM that follows Tidal? I've looked at my account/the website pretty thoroughly and can't seem to find a definite answer

I'd assume it's always by the 2nd of the next month (so June 2 for you). It should say when your membership will automatically renew right above where you would click through to 'Manage Membership.' https://app.vinylmeplease.com/profile