drds89

Postrock/metal, Instrumental, Drone, Experimental, and other weird genres (-:

107 posts in this topic

On 2/11/2017 at 3:51 PM, jonrawks said:
23 hours ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Yeah my copy hit my drop house today.

Got my HANL - Voids tape in the mail today.  Looks like a nice reissue.  Going to give it a listen tonight or tomorrow!

got Gold! ;)

edit: sounds very good, esp side 1, glad they reissued this.

Edited by drds89
jonrawks and GHOSTDRONES like this

Violet Cold - Magic Night CS.  Think some people here will dig this.  Instrumental post-metal/metal-gaze-ish stuff.  Don't think they're necessarily doing anything new, but  it's a good listen for sure.

http://tridroidrecords.storenvy.com/collections/245717-all-products/products/18051860-violet-cold-magic-night-mc

drds89 likes this

On 2/17/2017 at 5:13 PM, jonrawks said:

Violet Cold - Magic Night CS.  Think some people here will dig this.  Instrumental post-metal/metal-gaze-ish stuff.  Don't think they're necessarily doing anything new, but  it's a good listen for sure.

http://tridroidrecords.storenvy.com/collections/245717-all-products/products/18051860-violet-cold-magic-night-mc

I don't know how this guy has flown under my radar, but knew he had to be out there somewhere.  What a great release if you like the quiet piano interludes in between the instrumental postBM style - I think the postrockers who bristle at the screeching vocals of DFHVN, Alcest (occasional) or the uberclean vocals of Astronoid might really get into this. Thanks Jonathan! (you should post on the PostRock EEM megathread). Going to link up for my oldest son and daughter, who plays piano and does covers of everything, even WITTR.

jonrawks likes this