Postrock/metal, Shoegaze, Instrumental, Drone, Experimental, and other COOL genres!

• 2 weeks later...

On 2/11/2017 at 3:51 PM, jonrawks said:
23 hours ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Yeah my copy hit my drop house today.

Got my HANL - Voids tape in the mail today.  Looks like a nice reissue.  Going to give it a listen tonight or tomorrow!

got Gold! ;)

edit: sounds very good, esp side 1, glad they reissued this.

Edited by drds89

Caspian's Dust & Disquiet got the cassette treatment.  They were not on the merch table when I saw them end of October last year.

/75 Opaque Black and Silver /125 Translucent White and Black Swirl

$8.99 ea or $14.99 for both flavors

Caspian; Dust And Disquiet at The Mylene Sheath

Violet Cold - Magic Night CS.  Think some people here will dig this.  Instrumental post-metal/metal-gaze-ish stuff.  Don't think they're necessarily doing anything new, but  it's a good listen for sure.

http://tridroidrecords.storenvy.com/collections/245717-all-products/products/18051860-violet-cold-magic-night-mc

On 2/17/2017 at 5:13 PM, jonrawks said:

Violet Cold - Magic Night CS.  Think some people here will dig this.  Instrumental post-metal/metal-gaze-ish stuff.  Don't think they're necessarily doing anything new, but  it's a good listen for sure.

http://tridroidrecords.storenvy.com/collections/245717-all-products/products/18051860-violet-cold-magic-night-mc

I don't know how this guy has flown under my radar, but knew he had to be out there somewhere.  What a great release if you like the quiet piano interludes in between the instrumental postBM style - I think the postrockers who bristle at the screeching vocals of DFHVN, Alcest (occasional) or the uberclean vocals of Astronoid might really get into this. Thanks Jonathan! (you should post on the PostRock EEM megathread). Going to link up for my oldest son and daughter, who plays piano and does covers of everything, even WITTR.

• 2 weeks later...

first listened to Chasms per @jonrawks on the -gaze thread. They hit some industrial and experimental sweet spots, especially on the newest, On The Legs Of Love Purified. The ethereal vocals on "Beyond Flesh" are so addictive - the video is sort of meh for such a great track. (edit: regarding KW comparisons per Juan, earlier material, definitely hear it and noisier vs. the newest one)

Dream recordings did two EP tapes of Chasms: "When It Comes" (Dream 1) and "Riser" (Dream 7) that would be merged + other tracks to make "Subtle Bodies" (LP sold out but easy to find on discogs / no tapes, and  you can only stream 3 of the 7 tracks on bandcamp).  Their Tumblr store is still showing tapes in stock. The link to Paypal is not working on any of them, so I may message them if it persists, as it may mean sold out? May need to use another browser or something too.

Dream Recordings: Dream 1 and Dream 7

Edited by drds89
fix link and comment

On 2/3/2017 at 11:24 AM, GHOSTDRONES said:

Got mine in today, packing is quite nice.  Should be able to give it a listen tomorrow or Wednesday.

Edit : regular edition, not the black bag

Edited by jonrawks

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Neanderthal said:

Really enjoy the tape, the playback quality is some of the best these ears have heard... the lowest hiss and the fullest spectrum - perfect for the atmosphere the sounds conjure. It's up there for me but nothing beats One Hundred Year Storm.

Jealous... but I will have mine tomorrow. The LP version is excellent as well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New Bridgetown Records batch - 6xCS for $35PPD

http://www.bridgetownrecords.info/search/label/available?max-results=5

Audio. Visuals. Atmosphere. has a 3xCS bundle up too.  Not sure how cost breaks down shipped to US

http://audiovisualsatmosphere.bigcartel.com/product/3-cassette-bundle