Postrock/metal, Shoegaze, Instrumental, Drone, Experimental, and other COOL genres!

I had this on lathe, one of those from ITC that sounded sub par, but high demand, and I had 3 or 4 collectors messaging about it. 

Somehow missed this /50 run and from Ireland $6 + $3 shipping, which beats the Keep, Rosetta, and Mamiffer most recently ordered!

They tweet alot when stoned, so important news gets lost in the jibberish.

Vasudeva - Roots Of The Tree // 4 track EP

• 1 month later...
On 12/19/2017 at 4:01 AM, seku said:

Sleeping Bear debut album is going to be released on tape soon. I think I've seen that name mentioned here, so I assume you might be interested.

Released on Three Moons Records on December 28th.

2epk10h.jpg

This is great news - I bought one of the /100 CDs I like the album so much. Their EP was pressed on vinyl, but I have just not gotten around to ordering it. I do favor this over the EP though. Thanks for posting, Maciek!!

• 2 weeks later...

I missed the first 2 Alcest cassette releases, so now on the watch list at Discogs :angry:

Les Voyages is up now at Prophecy US and  EU and also Les Discrets: Septembre.... is up as well. $10 a pop, but $2.99 media mail shipping in the US store.  Other bands/CS up, too but I'm not familiar.

/100 each I believe. 

Alcest: Les Voyages CS

Les Discrets: Septembre... CS

I don't know how fast cassettes move, probably have plenty of time (unless Amen Ra, etc.)

I missed out on the first 4 CS box, so I passed on Mass VI recently. Plus, it would have been >$50 shipped to the US. Great album, but not $50 CS great lol

Edited by drds89

• 2 weeks later...

Sumac - WFMU /200 || 10 $

Housed in custom printed letterpressed 8 panel j-cards and jewel box, with artwork by A. Turner.

SUMAC recorded live on air from Brian Turner’s WFMU radio show. This set showcases the band in their most raw and urgent state, incorporating long passages of improv jamming and between-song walls of noise into their more rigidly composed pieces. The band seamlessly weaves together a five song set with selections from both of their studio albums into one heaving mass of passion and dissonance. The confined space of the studio lends and extra-claustrophobic atmosphere to the recording, ensuring full immersion possibilities for willing participants.

https://sigerecords.merchtable.com/music/cassette-tapes/sumac-wfmu-cassette

• 3 months later...

It's been a while since Eric released something that resonated with my tympanic membrane/cochlea/CNVIII/cerebral cortex and limbic system complex.

/200 Cassettes $8 + $6 ship to US 

I especially like side B"Voice/Movement" when he introduces the guitar at around 7 min. with gain/distortion and sustain with chords that flow one into the other. That's probably my favorite drone pattern of his, and sometimes he speeds things up and drops some catchy hooks that can keep you humming (like "Revival" on Rebirths album, which has been in regular rotation for about 4 years now)

thisquietarmy: Isbryter CS - two tracks 17 min each, side A and B

edit: Revival for those who want a 7 min grinder

Edited by drds89

Unless you're Jonathan and go catch these guys in their home town of Seattle and grab a tape, You May Die In The Desert has released 2 tracks titled "Patient Glaciers."

You can DM them on Instagram for a cassette, which has a professional J card, but the tape itself is generic, and sound quality 5-6/10. Brian responds right away and ships immediately, very cheap. I threw in a few extra for the band, and it arrived within 2 days (west coast to east coast).

It is also on 7" as well, but when you get 2 songs total of 11 minutes, autoreverse tape with tracks on both sides is right convenient.

• 1 month later...