Agalloch Reissues

Forgive the question if it's dumb, but these are not bootlegs, right?

I've only heard The Mantle and I don't like metal THAT much but I really, really liked that album (post-metal/folk metal is more up my alley)

I ordered the colored bundle hoping that I would get into the other two albums in the same way

You done good. I'm in a minority but Ashes is personally my favorite and it definitely fits that description of yours.

I have The Mantle in the bootlegged clear variant, but that original cover art from the reissues is damn sweet as well. The Pale Folklore reissues looks the same as the 2013 (?) version with revised cover art. I dig my copy, nice and heavy packaging.

Might grab Ashes if it becomes available over here as it is the only "essential" Agalloch I have yet to add to the collection.

Forgive the question if it's dumb, but these are not bootlegs, right?

the store in the link states The End as the label, which makes me assume that there's are officially endorsed reissues. The bootleg copies were released by Grau Records and subsequently termed inofficial by the Band and The End (more on the respective Discogs pages).

the store in the link states The End as the label, which makes me assume that there's are officially endorsed reissues. The bootleg copies were released by Grau Records and subsequently termed inofficial by the Band and The End (more on the respective Discogs pages).

I hadn't spotted mention of The End on the links, but that makes a lot of sense. I'm inclined to agree with your thought process, there. Thanks for the info.

Alright, I was a little hesitant but fuck it, its only money. Can't take it wit you when you go right?

Ordered colored bundle; $88 after shipping.

Now where can I get The Serpent & The Sphere?

Comes out to just shy of $30 PPD for each, which are all double LPs. Could be a lot worse. This is one of those instances where the price is completely justified on a personal level since it's been ages that they've received an official repress.

@JRHews

Get both!

I ordered both sets and it came to like 152 shipped, so ~26 per album. You get free shipping at 100 I think. Ashes and Mantle are probably in my top 5 metal albums. So worth it to me.

Doesn't look like Ashes has the vinyl bonus track from the original pressing so that sucks. But I'm intrigued to hear what Marston's mastering sounds like.

Derek you are definitely not in the minority. Ashes is my favorite Agalloch album by far and in my top 3 all time. I'm that much in love with it. Happy I can finally own it without paying absurd monies.

That's wild; I would've pegged you as more of a Mantle fan given your avatar. ;) But most everyone I've talked to seems to lose their mind over Mantle, and Folklore outweighs Ashes in popularity, based off of what I've read online. Glad I'm not alone, though – I actually spun Ashes just a couple of days ago, for the first time in a while. That whole album is just stellar moment after stellar moment.

That's wild; I would've pegged you as more of a Mantle fan given your avatar. ;) But most everyone I've talked to seems to lose their mind over Mantle, and Folklore outweighs Ashes in popularity, based off of what I've read online. Glad I'm not alone, though – I actually spun Ashes just a couple of days ago, for the first time in a while. That whole album is just stellar moment after stellar moment.

Didn't say I don't love Mantle :P but I just lovvvvveeeee Ashes. I think more people are catching on haha. Ashes holds a 3.93 on rym while Mantle a 3.89. It's only ranked higher cause of the number of votes.