Agalloch Reissues

Speaking for the entire forum here, we ALL know that vinyl is about the VISUAL more than the "music" so to that I say FUCK YEAH!

Oh you.

I'm pretty meh on etchings.  Of all the ones I own, personally, maybe 2-3 have me stop and think okay, that is pretty fucking cool... but even then, I'm kind of over it after the first or second inspection.  But at the cost of additional music?  No thanks.

On the subject of Agalloch, though, the etching on their last album was pretty well done.

Oh you.

I'm pretty meh on etchings.  Of all the ones I own, personally, maybe 2-3 have me stop and think okay, that is pretty fucking cool... but even then, I'm kind of over it after the first or second inspection.  But at the cost of additional music?  No thanks.

On the subject of Agalloch, though, the etching on their last album was pretty well done.

I have that one too Derek and it's fucking sick looking. I also love the etching on the last Sigur Ros deluxe. 

Omega Order/The End also tend to have their exclusive PO's be "order-to-press" to an extent. I can't recall any of their recent exclusive pressings from the last couple of years ever selling out either. Given the rather distant shipping date on this, I wouldn't be worried about these selling out anytime soon.

Omega Order/The End also tend to have their exclusive PO's be "order-to-press" to an extent. I can't recall any of their recent exclusive pressings from the last couple of years ever selling out either. Given the rather distant shipping date on this, I wouldn't be worried about these selling out anytime soon.

It says "limited" in the description for each, otherwise I would've assumed exactly this.

Damn i want these especially the mantle.

I have one of the grau versions of ashes but its my favourite release of theirs too, so an official press would be nice.

With shipping and exchange rates its about 55 each though... Not sure i can justify that after having recently pre ordered cobalt, CoL ×2 and ulver ×2

• 1 month later...
49 minutes ago, Freki said:

They just announced they're splitting, per FB. Sad face.

Daaaaamnn, that sucks. That was not what I wanted to see with this bump.

6 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

Does Omega charge at the time of order or the time of shipping?

Time of order I believe. 

Edited by clerk3745

• 1 month later...

2LP black versions are up

http://uswebstore.earache.com/agalloch

Portland, Oregon’s seminal progressive black metal band AGALLOCH has announced the re-issue of their first three albums Pale Folklore, The Mantle, and Ashes Against The Grain. All three albums feature new layouts and album photographs, plus The Mantle and Ashes Against The Grain have been re-mastered for vinyl by Colin Marston.

Says lead guitarist Don Anderson, "We cannot underestimate the importance of these three albums in the development of our sound and our history. In hindsight I am most proud of the fact that neither of these albums pigeonholed us. It is the radical difference of each album that allows us to continue to experiment with our music and lyrical themes today. These three albums constitute a significant chapter in our history and I am excited to finally see a proper and official vinyl release of each one of them."

• 3 weeks later...

By chance did anyone order these from Amazon? I thought these would ship by now (since in my orders it says estimated delivery tomorrow) but it still says not yet shipped.

I'm a little paranoid since the listing says out of stock now, and i know for a fact it was in stock when I ordered them. There hasn't really been any email about this order except when i first placed it. Hope I didn't miss out or they took too many orders.

8 hours ago, ConeyAllen said:

I'm a little paranoid since the listing says out of stock now, and i know for a fact it was in stock when I ordered them

Unless you literally saw them on the shelves, it's pretty unlikely they ever had them.

I've done pre-orders through Amazon with the exact situation – on the release day the availability will go from "pre-order" to "out of stock". This tells me they never got any copies from the label.