PO: Biffy Clyro - Ellipsis LP

New Biffy Clyro album. Out July 8, 2016.

There's a vinyl box set version that includes:

- 12 x 12 deluxe hardcover book featuring photos and lyrics
- 2 x double heavyweight 180g vinyl
- 7” ‘Wolves of Winter’ vinyl
- A piece of hand-written lyric from Simon
- 3 high quality prints (1 of the prints signed by either Simon, James or Ben)

http://store.warnermusic.com/ellipsis-box-set-1.html

There's also a single LP coloured vinyl version supposedly exclusively available from Townsend Records.
http://www.townsend-records.co.uk/product.php?pType=1&pId=9992003013789

Definitely going for the box since I have the box set versions of Opposites and Only Revolutions.

9992003013789.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, mdussack said:

Do you have a link? Dying for a copy 

It's been added to discogs https://www.discogs.com/Biffy-Clyro-Only-Revolutions/release/8566877

And there are a couple that have shown up on eBay... haven't seen an official announcement or it on any online stores yet...

Glad their re-issuing Only Revolutions even if it is by far my least favourite album. Might cop a re-issue so my original can stay in the good condition it's currently in. What I'd really like to see is them issue "Missing Pieces" (B-side compilation of Puzzle era b-sides available as a download only in the US) on vinyl but after 14th Floor/Warner Bros were such dicks about releasing Puzzle as an RSD exclusive I doubt we'll ever see them do that. I got all the 7"s from that era anyway but there were some tasty B-sides for that era. I would also kill for a repress of Lonely Revolutions as the £300-£400 price tag on the vinyl is just unjustifiable without a lottery win.

On 5/26/2016 at 9:02 AM, glass realms said:

on dodax.de and dodax.nl it's even 16€ (shipping included) (for europe)

• 1 month later...

Also HMV are handling an exclusive 7" release of Wolves Of Winter. Sadly it's £7.99 before postage if you pre-order it online. They ship free for orders over a tenner though. Think it's domestic only but its one way those who missed the box can still get a Wolves 7". Can't speak to it being the same as the one in the box but I'd imagine it is. 

http://store.hmv.com/music/vinyl/wolves-of-winter-(hmv-exclusive)

Now it's just whether to shell out for the colour copy and the standard.... 

Edited by Stress On The Sky

Think I'll wait til I've given my deluxe a spin before deciding whether to open the door to variant collecting. The bits I've heard have kind of left me cold so far, I was really hoping Simon wasn't bullshitting when he said they saw their first six albums as two trilogies and that seven would see the start of a new era with the big high end production of Gggarth Richardson left alone. Sadly the track duration's I've seen for Ellipsis are all around the 3.5 minute mark and the tracks that have been recorded live or put up don't really show much of a shift from the bands last few albums.

There will definitely be at least one or two songs that chime with me I'm sure but I'm managing my expectations here. I miss their longer songs, and their more biting edge. It's sad because Simon clearly still has a lot of love for heavy music, he's done guest spots on a few hardcore albums and he still screams live I just wish some of his darker ideas would make it onto a record for once. Also where the fuck is Death Of The Duke!? It's been forever since anything was said about that.