PO Soon: Hey Mercedes - Everynight Fire Works & The Weekend EP 15th Anniversary Repress

Picked up the tour LP tonight. It was $25 and numbered out of 300 on a sticker on the outer sleeve. I got #2/300 since they didn't sell any merch until after the show. Unfortunately, the inner sleeves had seem splits. But it turned out really nice. It looks like the whole LP is a single disc and the second disc is the Weekend EP on one side and some covers on the other. I'll try to post a couple photos tomorrow. 

5 hours ago, dreamover said:

Picked up the tour LP tonight. It was $25 and numbered out of 300 on a sticker on the outer sleeve. I got #2/300 since they didn't sell any merch until after the show. Unfortunately, the inner sleeves had seem splits. But it turned out really nice. It looks like the whole LP is a single disc and the second disc is the Weekend EP on one side and some covers on the other. I'll try to post a couple photos tomorrow. 

Standard black?

39 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Standard black?

Via RFC Store:

Pressing Information

300 Blue/Purple Mix w/ White/Purple/Blue Splatter 
300 Blue/White/Purple Mix (Hey Mercedes Tour Exclusive) 
300 Purple in Clear (Newbury Comics Exclusive) 
1600 Clear w/ Green/Blue/White Splatter

250 Clear Cassettes with Black Liner & Blue Imprint (Available only in RFC Webstore + from the band on tour)

22 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Trying my best to spot how you figured that out. No luck. Sherlock fuckin Holmes over here.

Pirates Press. RFC presses through them and you can see their order for the Hey Mercedes records on their site if you look for the catalog number (at least, you used to be able to when the records were in production. Can't see them anymore though. Press must have shipped out). Pretty sure most PP records are CZ pressed? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by deer

5 hours ago, deer said:

Pirates Press. RFC presses through them and you can see their order for the Hey Mercedes records on their site if you look for the catalog number (at least, you used to be able to when the records were in production. Can't see them anymore though. Press must have shipped out). Pretty sure most PP records are CZ pressed? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I wanna say I read an article a few years back about Pirates Press being a US broker for GZ or something. You put your order in at PP and they send it to GZ to be fulfilled. 

Im not an expert on this stuff, but it's pretty damn easy to tell if it was pressed in the Czech Republic, the variants are always pretty crazy compared to United or someone else. 

8 hours ago, dantheriver said:

Trying my best to spot how you figured that out. No luck. Sherlock fuckin Holmes over here.

I can tell by their boxes.

2 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I wanna say I read an article a few years back about Pirates Press being a US broker for GZ or something. You put your order in at PP and they send it to GZ to be fulfilled. 

7 hours ago, deer said:

Pretty sure most PP records are CZ pressed? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Both are true.   Pirate Press and A to Z are US Brokers for the GZ plant in the CzechRepublic, so all of "their" pressings go through the CzechRepublic.   

In my experience their pressings are very hit or miss as far as sound quality is concerned...additionally most of the crazier looking pressings (especially the hazes) tend to be really dirty right off of the press.  Their packaging is extremely cheap and lackluster and usually slightly too large which often results in seam splits.

Theres also rumor that they often just use a CD or low quality mp3s to source the audio from...sometimes even if you're getting a legit laquer cut to send to them, they'll start the project without waiting on the proper master...that part is speculative rumor, but everything in that above ramble is personal experience.