PO NOW: Letlive - If I'm the Devil... (Out in June 10th)

3 hours ago, himynameisdk said:

It took forever but I finally got my Euro exclusive in the mail and while it took me a minute to get used to the 'new' sound they did an amazing job at pressing this record. It sounds absolutely amazing. 

The presentation is top notch. And the euro variant is gorgeous. 

For me it's not about not being heavy, it's about the songs just being weak or, at some points, honestly kinda cheesy. Who You Are Not, A Weak Ago, and Elephant in particular just... aren't crafted well in my opinion. There are elements that could have contributed to a great song, but they just never made it there. But that's as far as my personal taste is concerned.

Still think Copper Colored Quiet is one of the coolest songs they've recorded, though.

• 1 month later...
On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 11:02 AM, letsmakekill said:

Worth a shot...

But if anyone got this record (Europe Store exclusive would be dope) and isn't a fan, I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands.
Thanks!

I have the swirl ish one from EU. Not really digging it aside from a few tracks but still unsure on selling it. Played once, kept the sleeve in shrink. What were you thinking of paying for it, in case I sell?

• 9 months later...

So in case you haven't heard, these guys are officially "done" for the moment.

Let's talk about how amazing these guys were.  I've listened to all of their stuff this week for the first time in a while and each album blows me away every time I hear it, no matter how many times.

Also, it's about time for a remaster/re-release of Blackest Beautiful.

Fake History and The Blackest Beautiful (aside from its mastering) are two absolutely phenomenal albums. I had trouble getting super into If I'm the Devil... because I thought it was a pretty big departure in sound. Lyrically, it's fantastic, and the musicianship is great as well, but as a whole, it was a little too "soft" or less chaotic than I expected, which forced me to consider it to be a bit of a letdown.

Aside from the recordings, this band was easily, bar none, the BEST live band on the planet. The energy, excitement, and fervor that they brought every night should be appreciated for years to come. I can't say enough good things about those guys live. They blew me away each time.

I was super bummed to read the break-up post. I hope that Jason goes on to make music in some capacity. He's got great and important things to say and he says them extremely thoughtfully and eloquently. Plus, he's got a fantastic voice.

I was really sad to hear they had called it quits, but it makes sense since one of the members is getting married and the others are taking new paths. Honestly, I enjoyed the most recent album just as much as the previous two. It is very different, but I think it was a good step for them to take.

At least I got to see them live once. Like TheWindBlower said, Jason is an absolute maniac on stage. It is truly a privilege to watch and makes me glad I flew from Canada to SoCal to attend Self Help Fest. I don't think I've ever seen anyone with that kind of energy. Maybe in the future they'll get something started again, but until then, we've still got three amazing albums to listen to. 

2 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

Their live presence is phenomenal, but after their last album flop the breakup wasnt much of surprise.

Yeah i agree, if you look at the reviews on itunes from their previous releases there is a big difference. Blackest beautiful has 250+ reviews while the devil only has 22 reviews. Although it was a departure for them in sound, I don't think it really made an impression on the fan base and was just a forgettable album. 

46 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

that comment should be in the ETID thread...

I don't disagree with you, but I've seen ETID enough times that I know what to expect. They're amazing. I hadn't even heard a single letlive. track before seeing them, only watched them based on word of mouth. I was so fucking blown away.