Repress: Binary Star - Masters of the Universe (possibly unofficial)

Vinyl-digital just confirmed on Facebook that they are in the process of printing vinyl for this amazing album.  I'm stoked as it is a hole in my collection that previously would have taken over $100 to fill.  Anyone else love this classic?

Yo can you post a link to this? All I could find was them talking about a cassette release for Pre-Masters of the Universe.

Love this album, lucky to own the OG.

SHUT THE FUCK UP! This has been on my Wants List for WAYYYYYY too long! Thanks for the heads up. Really hope this pans out. Now they just need to repress some One Many Army/One Be Lo stuff.

Is S.O.N.O.G.R.A.M. hard to find now? IIRC it was pretty cheap when I picked it up a couple of years ago.

Yo can you post a link to this? All I could find was them talking about a cassette release for Pre-Masters of the Universe.

Try this: https://www.facebook.com/Vinyldigital/photos/a.315918301758432.99265.203587366324860/1362725243744394/?type=3&comment_id=1362776527072599&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R5%22%7D

what a classic, if this is an official pressing I'm very interested. Definitely passing if it's a bootleg though

Yep, absolute classic! After looking at their facebook page and website it looks like that company isn't an official record company, just selling vinyl and pressing digital to vinyl/tape. I hope I'm wrong. Does anyone know if they source from master tapes at all?

But either way they're overseas so if nobody will be distributing it in the states shipping will be expensive. At least it'll be under $100, but I'll probably pass as most likely it'll just be CD to vinyl press. 

Yep, absolute classic! After looking at their facebook page and website it looks like that company isn't an official record company, just selling vinyl and pressing digital to vinyl/tape. I hope I'm wrong. Does anyone know if they source from master tapes at all?

But either way they're overseas so if nobody will be distributing it in the states shipping will be expensive. At least it'll be under $100, but I'll probably pass as most likely it'll just be CD to vinyl press. 

Vinyl-digital is kind of a hybrid.  They DO press official stuff sometimes, but they are also somewhat known for bootlegs.  It's a toss up on which this will be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought a copy. Audio quality is fine with zero surface noise, but the bigger issue is that One Be Lo took some liberties with the source. He recreated Slang Blade and Wolfman Jack, removed Binary Shuffle, inserted some bonus tracks in the tracklist, and the volume is sometimes inconsistent between tracks

You can listen to it on his bandcamp and decide for yourself if it's a big deal. Personally if I have to decide between this or paying 100+ for an OG, I'd still gladly take this. https://onebelo.bandcamp.com/album/masters-of-the-universe-motu

1 hour ago, Jdiddlydawg said:

I bought a copy. Audio quality is fine with zero surface noise, but the bigger issue is that One Be Lo took some liberties with the source. He recreated Slang Blade and Wolfman Jack, removed Binary Shuffle, inserted some bonus tracks in the tracklist, and the volume is sometimes inconsistent between tracks

You can listen to it on his bandcamp and decide for yourself if it's a big deal. Personally if I have to decide between this or paying 100+ for an OG, I'd still gladly take this. https://onebelo.bandcamp.com/album/masters-of-the-universe-motu

Wow... That reworking on Wolf Man Jack is real rough. Not sure I can pull the trigger on this. Thanks for that link! Would have bought it and been pretty upset with the reworking and not knowing he did that.

On 4/21/2016 at 11:54 AM, djghost1976 said:

Cover art is pretty awful, but Vinyl Digital said it's what the artists wanted.  Still might grab it, especially if it's limited to 300.

Dude, is your avatar Frankenhooker?!?!?!?!?!?!

I will upvote anything you post for that alone!!!