PO: Less Than Jake 2nd Press of Hello Rockview and Losing Streak are up now

34 minutes ago, birdwell said:

Arrived today in decent shape....wish bands/labels would tell people ahead of time where their product was manufactured.....not jazzed to get Czech Republic pressings...at least we now know how/why prices are so cheap for these pressings 

Why is it really matter where it's made? I have czech pressed records and there are no problems with them. Is it just an uber-american thing?

(your clothes were made in 3rd world countries, pssst)

Edited by xfactor675

3 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

Why is it really matter where it's made? I have czech pressed records and there are no problems with it. Is it just an uber-american thing?

(your clothes were made in 3rd world countries, pssst)

It has more to do with the inconsistency of their product...especially when they take a CD rip of an album to use as a quick master to start production of the pressing...sometimes before or even if the client sends them a legitimate acetate master

Additionally if these are just beanie babies/pogs to you then where the product is manufactured shouldn't matter....if you're into it for sound quality and not just collecting to collect, some pressing plants definitely have much higher standards for quality control than others.

there's an article in the latest issue of TapeOp with Scott Hull that I HIGHLY recommend people on this board reading to further my point

1 minute ago, birdwell said:

Additionally if these are just beanie babies/pogs to you then where the product is manufactured shouldn't matter....if you're into it for sound quality and not just collecting to collect, some pressing plants definitely have much higher standards for quality control than others.

there's an article in the latest issue of TapeOp with Scott Hull that I HIGHLY recommend people on this board reading to further my point

quality-wise I understand your point.

You just sounded a bit "if it's made outside of the US makes it automatically bad" in your original post.

3 minutes ago, birdwell said:

In your opinion, how is the sound quality on these?  

5 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

quality-wise I understand your point.

You just sounded a bit "if it's made outside of the US makes it automatically bad" in your original post.

Naw, plenty of decent plants in Europe, just the Czech Plants seem to be crap shoot

4 minutes ago, combatchuckaa said:

In your opinion, how is the sound quality on these?  

I mean, I got them about an hour ago, I won't have time to spin these until sometime next week with my schedule this week

that latest Dead Heavens 7" was a CZ press and it sounds pretty damn good in my opinion...

and there are definitely some crummy plants in th U.S. (Not naming which ones)

i dont have original copies of these to compare (except for that Drive-Thru picture disc of Hellow Rockview), everybody seems to be fine with the sound quality on these thus far though, right?

39 minutes ago, birdwell said:

that latest Dead Heavens 7" was a CZ press and it sounds pretty damn good in my opinion...

i dont have original copies of these to compare (except for that Drive-Thru picture disc of Hellow Rockview), everybody seems to be fine with the sound quality on these thus far though, right?

My Rockview sounded great, didn't get to listen to Losing Streak all the way through but what I heard sounded good. 

59 minutes ago, birdwell said:

18 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

My Rockview sounded great, didn't get to listen to Losing Streak all the way through but what I heard sounded good. 

I think that they sound great. Didn't notice any sibilance issues or poor quality mastering, thankfully. I'm no pro, though.

3 minutes ago, jonnywreck said:

I think that they sound great. Didn't notice any sibilance issues or poor quality mastering, thankfully. I'm no pro, though.

Naw, my ears are shot from 15 years of shows and driving around with music cranked, so I'm not much of an audiophile. Sometimes I get surprised that I can still hear. 

Edited by throughbeingcruel

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rds said:

Does Smartpunk give shipping notifications?

Nope. Mine arrived yesterday from Smart Punk. But I knew it was on the way with USPS tracking notifications. 

Also, if you didn't get these versions, or want another, they have a 6th version of each album exclusive to Warped Tour. Blue Rockview (the blue from the yellow/blue halves) and Ox Blood Losing Streak (the ox blood from the ox blood/yellow). Should be 300 each as that would make 1000 total for the 2nd round of represses.

I like the matrix etching for Losing Streak 

I feel like these sound OK.   Kind of muddy and midrangy....but I don't have a way to A/B them to the CD mixes

also wish I could get ahold of the solid color versions of these (those Warped Tour variants) I'd much rather have a solid color than a split color.

over all, for their price, I ended up thinking these sounded fine.   Definitely nothing to jump up and skank around about, but better than I had hoped for sure (haven't noticed any high end distortion on my few playbacks since these arrived)

1 hour ago, thenameisluigi said:

Nope. Mine arrived yesterday from Smart Punk. But I knew it was on the way with USPS tracking notifications. 

Also, if you didn't get these versions, or want another, they have a 6th version of each album exclusive to Warped Tour. Blue Rockview (the blue from the yellow/blue halves) and Ox Blood Losing Streak (the ox blood from the ox blood/yellow). Should be 300 each as that would make 1000 total for the 2nd round of represses.

I have the myUSPS app but I buy too much records to be able to connect which one might be Smartpunk.  Do you remember what city yours originated in?  Bloomington?

My Smartpunk Hello Rockview came with two- count 'em- two splits on the top of the sleeve.  One is clearly from the record and the second smaller one looks to be maybe from the comic book?  I've never seen a big papa seam split next to a baby seam split like that before.

My Losing Streak came without jacket damage, thankfully.

• 2 weeks later...