Beatles White Album

Can someone please help!

I have a 1968 edition of the White Album on Apple label, all mint condition including poster and photos, PCS7067

My frustration is that there is no issue number, or if there is I can't find it, should it be on the cover?

I know for fact this is a genuine 1968 version as it was the father-in-laws! So surely it should have an issue number.

I'm new on the vinyl scene so any advise you can offer me appreciated. Thanks.

Only the first (so many hundred)thousand(s)? Had numbers on them (if you mean embossed on the front cover)

After that they were not numbered. I'm pretty sure it's possible you could have an original 1968 issue that is not numbered...certainly any other late 60's to today issues will not be numbered.

There are TONS of copies of the white album out there, only the very first issues have the embossed numbers other cover (though this is also a lot of issues)

If you mean like pressing information (catalog #) then discogs, as was mentioned.

Check the dead wax area between the groove and label.  There's usually writing or stamping of some kind there.  That will give you plenty of info to check on discogs.  Or tell us what the dead wax writing says and we might be able to help.

Does it have a number embossed or stamped on the front cover?  It would be like "No 0021517"  or something like that.

Marky you find better help on the Steve Hoffman boards. I don't think there are many hard core

Beatles collectors here, but if you need help with a blink-182 album you've come to the right place.

I always love it when folks pop into a thread to say this after the entire thread has been nothing but helpful...

tvzMkwq.gif

Ok people have been helpful, no doubt. But is anyone here an insane Beatles fan that knows the discography as well as people over at Hoffman? I wasn't trying to be a dick, but if OP has more questions that'll be a better venue.

You're probably right. It just seems like someone says something similar in any thread that isn't a pop-punk thread. Maybe if we stopped trying to send anyone who likes any other type of music someplace else...we'd have a more diverse group here. There's a pretty decent group of metal heads here now, and I collect a good bit of classic rock stuff (not a huge Beatles fan if we're being honest) but there are definitely people here who can help out to some extent.

That's a great point man. I agree with you. The Metallica scene is picking up. People are more familiar with NIN presses. My first post in the thread was a bit knee jerk.

Nah, it's all good. I know where you were coming from. It's not necessarily you, but some the way some of the users around here have been acting lately is the worst so I'm in a bit of a mood. ;)

Ok people have been helpful, no doubt. But is anyone here an insane Beatles fan that knows the discography as well as people over at Hoffman? I wasn't trying to be a dick, but if OP has more questions that'll be a better venue.

I'm an insane Beatles fan that knows some of the discography info, but nothing like the people over at Hoffman. 

• 5 months later...