OUT NOW: If These Trees Could Talk - The Bones Of A Dying World 2xLP | Metal Blade

I would really love to be at these shows:

Album release shows:

July 8th at Rumba Cafe in Columbus, OH
http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail…

July 9th at Musica in Akron, OH

Many more dates to be announced soon.

Does anyone who will be there can help me with a tour copy please? (assuming that a tour copy will happen)

7 hours ago, fizio59 said:

I would really love to be at these shows:

Album release shows:

July 8th at Rumba Cafe in Columbus, OH

July 9th at Musica in Akron, OH

Many more dates to be announced soon.

Does anyone who will be there can help me with a tour copy please? (assuming that a tour copy will happen)

I'll be at the Akron one & I'll see if I can snag a couple (if they are happening).

On 5/17/2016 at 7:52 PM, Thomas³ said:

VC met-up at the Akron show? The closest train station to Akron is way up in Cleveland Gumbo, like 30-40 minutes away.

Grrrrr....  Okay.  Driving it is then, I guess.  10 hours, here we come!  2 weeks after doing it for Sunlight Ascending!  

18 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

I'm scared.

Heh.  Rest assured, my real-life self isn't quite as outrageous as I am here.  I can turn it on if you guys want a show, so you can say you got Gumbo'd in real life.  But otherwise, it will be pretty tame haha.  

Unless they play "They Speak With Knives".  Then you might very well see a full-on display of me losing my shit.  Lets hope so.  

14 minutes ago, deafening said:

Feelin' that Maserati-esque groove.

Yeah I'm loving the major key blue sound they're pulling off with this.  

One toned down Gumbo for me please haha.  I'll have my brother & wife with me.  I don't want them fearing for their lives.

I've decided the one thing keeping me from completely loving "Berlin" is the lack of an explosive moment after one of the crazy drum fills.  That part hits a few different times & then just fizzles out.  Overall though, still a really solid track with a great groove.

Edited by mrewest

I think the lack of an explosive moment is probably a good thing.  I have no doubt there will be some featured throughout the album, and varying song structures would do a lot of good for them, this time around.  That Maserati reference above makes me pretty damn happy.

I still haven't tried out any of the singles but I'm liking the seemingly unanimous positive reception.  I'd really love for this album to catch me off guard and win me back.

If "Berlin" leads into a crusher, I think I'll take back what I said.  I just feel like I'm teased a bit with "Berlin" & it never quite peaks the way I want it to.  Just a personal reaction though

I've never gotten into Maserati like others but I do hear the resemblance here, & an ITTCT/Maserati mashup is pretty sweet.

I also get "They Speak With Knives" vibes with the song, but in the more polished way this album is developing this far.

Edited by mrewest

11 hours ago, mrewest said:

If "Berlin" leads into a crusher, I think I'll take back what I said.  I just feel like I'm teased a bit with "Berlin" & it never quite peaks the way I want it to.  Just a personal reaction though

I've never gotten into Maserati like others but I do hear the resemblance here, & an ITTCT/Maserati mashup is pretty sweet.

I also get "They Speak With Knives" vibes with the song, but in the more polished way this album is developing this far.

The song needs to be like 3 minutes longer.  They built and built and built back up to a point where the track should burst open with one more explosive climax section but they just let it fade out.  I was really taken aback by that.  Very un-self-aware songwriting IMO.  That track needs one more big push.  The tension was building up perfectly, and they could have hit that shit way out of the park.  It's still great, but to me.... it's VERY unfinished.  

49 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

The song needs to be like 3 minutes longer.  They built and built and built back up to a point where the track should burst open with one more explosive climax section but they just let it fade out.  I was really taken aback by that.  Very un-self-aware songwriting IMO.  That track needs one more big push.  The tension was building up perfectly, and they could have hit that shit way out of the park.  It's still great, but to me.... it's VERY unfinished.  

Here I am...on a Friday night...agreeing with Gumbo haha.

Yeah if the song blew up aftet that very last drum fill instead of ending I would have lost my shit.