OUT NOW: If These Trees Could Talk - The Bones Of A Dying World 2xLP | Metal Blade

2 hours ago, Sasan said:

Let's call it "nostalgia" for rock/riffy music...

Anything else would have been surprising... ;)

Only the black variant is delayed....

On the other hand, what you say doesn't make any sense: you want to see the black/white (which I posted pics of), but the grey looks cooler? This implies you have seen the black/white...

Okay so he must have ordered them all, and they're delaying the whole shipment to him.  Haha and yeah, good catch.  What I meant was that the Gray looks so much cooler than the mockup, it looks great with the album artwork.  But yeah, I was a little confused because I also thought that I had seen the black/white, but I've been so busy lately I considered that perhaps it was a dream lol.  

I don't surgically dissect music like some of you do, but I will say that overall I am pleasantly surprised that I like this record. I do also think that the first half is better, at least what I can tell streaming it. I'm still holding off on buying it until the U.S. variants appear and even then might have to think about it at the inevitable high price point. It may just be a "buy the download and be done with it" type of release.

After a couple more listens I'm enjoying the album more than I initially did.  However my biggest issues are with "After the Smoke Clears" & "One Sky Above Us".  I feel like those two songs are huge momentum killers.  The trio of songs preceesing both of those are really good & then it turns into a real snoozer.  

Maybe that'll change over time.  

Listened to this 3 times and like it quite a bit.  They've all been work listens, so my focus hasn't been complete. But overall I've enjoyed it.

Also, tour dates!

dates w/ Alexander Turnquist
8/4 Kingston, NY @ BSP Lounge
8/5 Boston, MA @ Great Scott
8/6 Brooklyn, NY @ St Vitus
8/7 Baltimore, MD @ Metro Gallery

dates w/ Spotlights
9/1 Chicago, IL @ Beat Kitchen
9/2 St. Louis, MO @ Fubar
9/3 Kansas City, MO @ Record Bar
9/4 Denver, CO @ Hi Dive
9/6 Vancouver, BC @ The Biltmore Caberet
9/7 Seattle, WA @ The Highline
9/8 Portland, OR @ High Water Mark
9/9 San Francisco, CA @ Bottom of the Hill
9/10 Los Angeles, CA @ Complex
9/12 Phoenix, AZ @ Valley Bar
9/13 El Paso, TX @ Tricky Falls
9/14 Austin, TX @ Sidewinder
9/15 New Orleans, LA @ Howlin' Wolf
9/16 Atlanta, GA @ The Earl
9/17 TBA

2 hours ago, jonrawks said:

Listened to this 3 times and like it quite a bit.  They've all been work listens, so my focus hasn't been complete. But overall I've enjoyed it.

Also, tour dates!

dates w/ Alexander Turnquist
8/4 Kingston, NY @ BSP Lounge
8/5 Boston, MA @ Great Scott
8/6 Brooklyn, NY @ St Vitus
8/7 Baltimore, MD @ Metro Gallery

dates w/ Spotlights
9/1 Chicago, IL @ Beat Kitchen
9/2 St. Louis, MO @ Fubar
9/3 Kansas City, MO @ Record Bar
9/4 Denver, CO @ Hi Dive
9/6 Vancouver, BC @ The Biltmore Caberet
9/7 Seattle, WA @ The Highline
9/8 Portland, OR @ High Water Mark
9/9 San Francisco, CA @ Bottom of the Hill
9/10 Los Angeles, CA @ Complex
9/12 Phoenix, AZ @ Valley Bar
9/13 El Paso, TX @ Tricky Falls
9/14 Austin, TX @ Sidewinder
9/15 New Orleans, LA @ Howlin' Wolf
9/16 Atlanta, GA @ The Earl
9/17 TBA

I might make an ITTCT "weekend" out of it and come to the show in Seattle with you.

Kingston, NY is the most random of all places for these guys to play.  The post-rock scene in upstate NY is more or less non-existent; I mean, it's near Woodstock, but that's like... a hippie place.

Either way, it's cool for me because that's like 40 minutes from my house.  Also, PRAY FOR SOUND is at the Boston gig!  I'll probably do Kingston -> Boston -> NYC.  But I want to know if the release shows will be them doing the whole album, because there's a ton of songs on this album I want to hear that they probably will only play that one time, like "After The Smoke Clears", "One Sky Above Us", "The Giving Tree", etc.  Actually, I just want to see the whole thing start to finish because these songs all rule.  

I wonder which track will be the live standout, though.  "Earth Crawler" is the easy first answer for me...

57 minutes ago, kjkenney said:

oh hell yes AZ date! Never thought I'd see the day they played here. ITTCT and GIAA playing here within a couple days of each other in September, can't wait

God Is An Astronaut is coming back?!?!?!!?  Facebook never tells me these fucking things!  YASSSSS, Boston and New York!!!!!

On 6/6/2016 at 10:13 AM, lexicondevil said:

I don't surgically dissect music like some of you do, but I will say that overall I am pleasantly surprised that I like this record. I do also think that the first half is better, at least what I can tell streaming it. I'm still holding off on buying it until the U.S. variants appear and even then might have to think about it at the inevitable high price point. It may just be a "buy the download and be done with it" type of release.

I'm considering going to see them, and if I do I'll probably grab a tour copy if there is one. Other than that I don't see myself buying one unless I magically find one for around $20

1 hour ago, Gumbo72203 said:

God Is An Astronaut is coming back?!?!?!!?  Facebook never tells me these fucking things!  YASSSSS, Boston and New York!!!!!

Not only that - here's the relatively close lineup of Phoenix-area shows within 3 weeks of eachother:

Aug 26 - Explosions in the Sky @ Marquee
Sep 5 - Russian Circles @ Crescent
Sep 10 - God Is An Astronaut @ Crescent
Sep 12 - ITTCT @ Valley Bar

It's going to be a wild month!

Edited by EHughes527

10 minutes ago, drds89 said:

Will be a 3 hr road trip (each way) for us since skipping RVA, but that is normal. My friend in DK says vinyl sounds great. He gave me #20/200 it appears. When pg.lost gets to him- I think he said they are shipping soon, I've got some great stuff heading this way!

Yeah I just got an email from Pelagic, I guess the shirts just got in for the bundle stuff.  

58 minutes ago, EHughes527 said:

Not only that - here's the relatively close lineup of Phoenix-area shows within 3 weeks of eachother:

Aug 26 - Explosions in the Sky @ Marquee
Sep 5 - Russian Circles @ Crescent
Sep 10 - God Is An Astronaut @ Crescent
Sep 12 - ITTCT @ Valley Bar

It's going to be a wild month!

Oh shit I forgot about Russian Circles. I saw EITS in Tucson last month, but September will be a good one!

• 1 month later...