PO Now: Flume - Skin 2xLP

• 1 month later...

Man, right with RTJ Meow The Jewels, Flume's Skin is a lesson in patience as I hope those who ordered overseas were able to find it cheaper than the initial ordering/shipping costs. 

Curious if anyone has any impressions from the album? Seems to be getting mixed reviews. Heard it's too bloated from some. 

To start, I've always been a pretty big Flume fan. My opinion of Skin:

1. Flume continues to push the envelope on new electronic sounds and melodies you won't hear from anyone else. Definitely some killer tracks on the album that are great as standalone tracks (Never Be Like You, Take A Chance, Lose It).

2. Listening from start to finish, there doesn't seem to be any cohesion between the tracks like what you found on his debut album. Seems very clunky at times which is a little frustrating considering he's a DJ and should be aware of how important transitions are.

On 7/8/2016 at 6:28 PM, cobannaboc said:

1. Flume continues to push the envelope on new electronic sounds and melodies you won't hear from anyone else. Definitely some killer tracks on the album that are great as standalone tracks (Never Be Like You, Take A Chance, Lose It).

2. Listening from start to finish, there doesn't seem to be any cohesion between the tracks like what you found on his debut album. Seems very clunky at times which is a little frustrating considering he's a DJ and should be aware of how important transitions are.

Thanks! I took it in this weekend and found the same observations. The guest tracks appear to break up any flow from the solo tracks. Feels more like a collection of songs then an album. Still some great moments.

On 7/8/2016 at 11:58 AM, jackshidt said:

New Low Price on Flume's 'Skin' with purple swirl.  $26.33 with Amazon Prime shipping, or $23.70 'Good' Condition from Amazon Warehouse.

Flume 'Skin' purple swirl

Two different purple swirl 2LPs are listed on Amazon. Is there a difference between the two? This has been pestering me for a few minutes now.

https://www.amazon.com/Skin-Flume/dp/B01DD5N35W/ref=sr_1_1_twi_lp__2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1468345937&sr=1-1&keywords=flume+skin+vinyl

https://www.amazon.com/Flume-Skin-Colored-Vinyl-Limited/dp/B01FG9YJ7E/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1468345937&sr=1-2&keywords=flume+skin+vinyl

6 hours ago, Canuckle said:

Thanks! I took it in this weekend and found the same observations. The guest tracks appear to break up any flow from the solo tracks. Feels more like a collection of songs then an album. Still some great moments.

On July 8, 2016 at 3:28 PM, cobannaboc said:

I think it's worlds better than his first album.... It and Kaytranada are hands down my favorite Electronica albums of the year thus far. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/21/2016 at 9:10 AM, Shamatix said:

Anyone ever figured the difference between Purple Marble and Purple Swirl?

I accidentally wound up with copies of both  (long story) .  The one with white swirl is far prettier.

Wish there were seperate discog enteries for them as I'm probably gonna sell the other one off so I can replace my copy of Elephant that recently got scratched to shit.

For the record, its impossible to distinguish between the two via the packaging but the matrix numbers are different.  Both seem to be Mom & Pop pressings (aka from the US).

Oh, and both sound phenominal.  I'll post pictures momentarily.

Edited by downisthenewup87

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2016 at 1:40 AM, downisthenewup87 said:

I accidentally wound up with copies of both  (long story) .  The one with white swirl is far prettier.

Wish there were seperate discog enteries for them as I'm probably gonna sell the other one off so I can replace my copy of Elephant that recently got scratched to shit.

For the record, its impossible to distinguish between the two via the packaging but the matrix numbers are different.  Both seem to be Mom & Pop pressings (aka from the US).

Post pics, got one from my fye so im curious to see which it is

On 10/15/2016 at 7:40 AM, downisthenewup87 said:

You write "White swirl" but it's called purple swirl? Or is there ALSO a white swirl?

This is the purple swirl on discogs https://www.discogs.com/Flume-Skin/release/8586529

And this is the Purple Marble: https://www.discogs.com/Flume-Skin/release/8557518

And one of the reasons I want to know the difference is because of the price:) Also is any of em signed:P? Looking for a signed version also

Also post some pics:D

Edited by Shamatix

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, jackshidt said:

I see there is a 'peppermint green' variant coming out soon:

Several places online, for example here:

Flume 'Skin' peppermint Green

WTF?!?!? $65 is fucking absurd...and I'm even a huge Flume fan. Bullmoose better pick this up cuz I'm sure as hell not buying off FC.

Them are crack prices...

Edit: OK Flume store is better at $33. Not great...but better...

Edited by cobannaboc

• 1 month later...