PO - Descendents - Hypercaffium Spazzinate (July 29th)

They did a surprise show in Hermosa Beach for Fletchers 50th bday the other night and played a few songs from the new album and (no surprise) they were classic Descendents songs.

I dunno what anyone is expecting from a band who has essentially played the same simple pop punk for the last 30 years, just be stoked they are still recording new music.

Well said.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, mclz said:

YES! YES! YES! Sounds awesome!

Unrelated, but I hope Epitaph announces a few new summer releases soon, including the new Rancid EP that was recorded last year (I'm hoping it's released this summer at least).

I still waiting for the transplans cover series 7" (or LP) which was recorded more than a year ago :)

Or 2nd issue of Hellcat Singles Club.

Just now, xen0m0rph said:

I still waiting for the transplans cover series 7" (or LP) which was recorded more than a year ago :)

Or 2nd issue of Hellcat Singles Club.

Rancid delays everything. Remember when the follow up to Indestructible was supposed to be late 2004 and then it came out Summer of 2009 haha! Even HIAWK was recorded a year and a half before it came out. I'm guessing a summer release, but who knows. Every album they released had a summer release date except HIAWK.

I don't know if they went in to record new songs, re-record, or what, but the transplants cover record (which looks to be an LP now and not a 7" series) was only wrapped up a month or so ago according to Travis.

1 minute ago, mclz said:

Rancid delays everything. Remember when the follow up to Indestructible was supposed to be late 2004 and then it came out Summer of 2009 haha! Even HIAWK was recorded a year and a half before it came out. I'm guessing a summer release, but who knows. Every album they released had a summer release date except HIAWK.

I don't know if they went in to record new songs, re-record, or what, but the transplants cover record (which looks to be an LP now and not a 7" series) was only wrapped up a month or so ago according to Travis.

According to this FB post, it will be 7" series;

and it's in mix for more than 1.5 year, haha.

But may be they change mind again and put it on LP