[PO] : Tarentel - From Bone to Satellite (RP)

Tarentel "From Bone To Satellite"

trr023-233x233.jpg
CATALOG NUMBER: trr023

RELEASE DATE: 03-06-2016

DELUXE EXPANDED VINYL EDITION PRE-ORDER WILL SHIP ON OR AROUND JUNE 1, 2016!

CD FORMAT IS THE ORIGINAL 1999 EDITION - NO BONUS TRACKS OR REMASTER ON CD!

When Tarentel’s debut album was released in December 1999, Temporary Residence was still a fledgling record label operated by a 21 year-old kid on a dingy carpeted corner of a sinking spare bedroom that was deemed too unsafe to live. The surprise success of From Bone To Satellite – the vinyl sold out in a matter of weeks, and the CD necessitated multiple represses – was both a blessing and a curse for the cash-strapped bedroom imprint struggling to keep on the lights and heat. With profit margins being razor-thin for vinyl, the record was forced to go out-of-print indefinitely. In honor of the 20th anniversary of Temporary Residence Ltd., we are elated to finally make this integral part of the label’s history available on vinyl for the first time since 1999. Not content to merely repress the original, we have unearthed a treasure trove of rare and unreleased material from that inspired early era of Tarentel. Restored and remastered from the original master tapes, From Bone To Satellite – Deluxe Expanded Edition includes the 7-track sequence that was exclusive to the original vinyl pressing, plus an additional 6 digital bonus tracks – a total of nearly 3 hours of music!

This extremely special expanded vinyl edition is packaged in a heavyweight, old-style tip-on gatefold jacket with high-gloss full-color inner sleeves featuring the original restored and expanded photography of Dianne Jones. The pressing is 100% audiophile-quality virgin vinyl, manufactured in the United States.

ALL VINYL FORMATS INCLUDE MP3 DOWNLOAD COUPON FEATURING 80 MINUTES OF RARE AND PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED BONUS TRACKS!

TRR023_ColoredVinyl_WEB.jpg

LIMITED EDITION LP COLORED VINYL: CLEAR w/ BLUE STREAKS & CLEAR w/ RED STREAKS (EDITION OF 200)

LIMIT ONE (1) COLORED VINYL PER CUSTOMER

LP TRACK LISTING

1. Steede Bonnet

2. When We Almost Killed Ourselves

3. Ursa Minor, Ursa Major

4. For Carl Sagan

5. (Loop 1)

6. Strange Attractors

7. (Loop 2)

DIGITAL BONUS TRACKS

1. Steede Bonnet (Flood Mix)

2. The Waltz

3. Welcome

4. Sets & Rises

5. Song For An Unborn Son

6. Superman Is A Damn Fool

Their prices really range depending on the album. Some single black lps are $12 (my disco) while some are $20 (manglehorn ost). Mogwai's 2xLP in black is $20 while this Tarentel is $25. And double color seem to stick around $30ish. I assume there is some reasoning, packaging or otherwise for the differences just because they've been so good in the past regarding what they charge. So I'd like to believe they aren't jacking up prices just to do it.

Once Deathwish and Topshelf peak on their prices, I'm out.

Holy shit! I didn't even notice the price. I have pretty much stopped buying records and this cements my reasons why. I'm afraid to say it but seeing a label like TRL having to sink to such outrageous prices is the nail in the coffin for me. I'm sure it sounds melodramatic but fo realz. See you all during the CD revival (or in the video game threads in the everything else section) B)

I hear you, but shit is getting tough to keep inexpensive :/

But we are trying to keep things as low as we reasonably can <3

Completely understandable.  It just sucks, because your label is basically the cornerstone of my rebuttal to anyone who insists that all the "good" artists are on big labels that charge way too much for vinyl, and that the days of $15 LPs are long behind us.  Just keep on doing what you're doing for as long as you can – I don't think anyone can argue with that.

Holy shit! I didn't even notice the price. I have pretty much stopped buying records and this cements my reasons why. I'm afraid to say it but seeing a label like TRL having to sink to such outrageous prices is the nail in the coffin for me. I'm sure it sounds melodramatic but fo realz. See you all during the CD revival (or in the video game threads in the everything else section) B)

I know what you mean.  I believe someone from TRL actually posts here... and not that they necessarily need to barge into this thread to defend their price point, but it would be nice if they knew something we don't about deluxe packaging, or something along the lines of what Fish said.  Just like the description of this Tarentel repress reads, the label was started in a bedroom 20 years ago – I wholly believe that it's not about price gouging, nor has it ever been.  (And I'm not arguing that you're making that kind of accusation, for what it's worth.)  It just makes me think that if a label like TRL are truly forced to charge $30 for a double LP, the end may be nigh.  I've been a lot more selective with my purchases lately, because reaching for the wallet for that PO you can't live without has become increasingly painful over the years.  I don't know if the influx of all these new vinyl plants will deflate costs a bit, but at this point it's looking way too expensive to keep up with every reissue, new release, and pre-order that catches my interest. 

• 1 month later...