[PO] Wolves in the Throne Room - Diadem of 12 Stars reissue

41 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Sorry for anyone who jumped on the deal from Barnes and Noble. Those assholes did indeed send me a CD. Grrr.

Not a big deal.  Looks like it's just a matter of hitting return.  Don't even have to wait on them.  I figured it wasn't going to be the LP, but it was worth a try.

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, ephemeral said:

Does anyone have this yet that could comment on how the sound compares to the original press?

I won't be able to compare, but I'm going to listen to this tomorrow and comment on sound quality.  Packaging seemed nice, but that's all I had time for yesterday.

Listening to this currently and I'm very pleased with how it sounds.  Vinyl seems to be standard weight, not sure of the Southern Lord pressing is heavier gram (like a lot of their releases seem to be).  So that might be an argument for the OP.  Heavy duty gatefold though, definitely on par with what SL normally does.

I ended up cancelling my green mist variant from WIITR and ordering through Bullmoose instead (saved me almost $15 between taxes and shipping).  Opened it up and it was the green variant, very pleasant surprise!  Just assumed only the black was going out to retail.

Edited by jonrawks

3 hours ago, jonrawks said:

Listening to this currently and I'm very pleased with how it sounds.  Vinyl seems to be standard weight, not sure of the Southern Lord pressing is heavier gram (like a lot of their releases seem to be).  So that might be an argument for the OP.  Heavy duty gatefold though, definitely on par with what SL normally does.

I ended up cancelling my green mist variant from WIITR and ordering through Bullmoose instead (saved me almost $15 between taxes and shipping).  Opened it up and it was the green variant, very pleasant surprise!  Just assumed only the black was going out to retail.

Fuck, wish I knew this before mine shipped, just bought one from bull moose, hopefully I can sell green for how much I bought it for.

• 2 weeks later...