5 hours ago, Shlebs said:

Heavy music shouldn't make me giggle.

I disagree. I like over the top heavy shit and thats inherently kinda silly. However, CO definitely take themselves REALLY seriously, so the giggles probably aren't a good sign.

I don't feel one way or the other about the new song. Dudes who go to shows to hurt people in the pit are probably stoked though.

3 minutes ago, mattisr1984 said:

Ahhh, VC. Such a fickle crowd. these guys and gal were definitely jocked a lot harder on here than they are now.

Well, to be fair, as artists "develop" (or regress) their sound is prone to changing... and I think it's only fair that opinions can change, too.

LIL//RTD was the last album of theirs I could get into, and that was back in 2012.  You can't tell me you haven't changed your stance on any band in the last 4 years, yeah?

I saw COK play a skate park like 5-6 years ago. That 15 minutes was the only time they did anything I actively enjoyed or even paid attention to.

I'm glad they've found success, but they aren't doing anything that matters to me.

The song they did on the split with TWIABP/Self Defense Family/Tigers Jaw was rad as fuck though. That whole split is fucking fire.

13 hours ago, Derek™ said:

LIL//RTD was the last album of theirs I could get into, and that was back in 2012.

This, basically. Jammed I Am King a few times but I felt like it was a step back from Cycles and Love is Love. The song structures just aren't nearly as interesting IMO

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, mappingtheyears said:

Is it bad that I would rather have a whole album of this awesomeness rather than the tired hardcore-sludge-metal-breakdown formula?

Like someone said in the comments its sounds like a female-led Superheaven.

Edited by Kanellos

14 minutes ago, Kanellos said:

Is it bad that I would rather have a whole album of this awesomeness rather than the tired hardcore-sludge-metal-breakdown formula?

Like someone said in the comments its sounds like a female-led Superheaven.

Didn't really hear any Superheaven in it myself, but I can see how someone might make that connection. It sounded like they were writing an Adventures song and then decided it was going to be a Code Orange song. It certainly caught me by surprise. I dig it.

17 hours ago, mappingtheyears said:

It sounded like they were writing an Adventures song and then decided it was going to be a Code Orange song. It certainly caught me by surprise. I dig it.

Definitely love the adventures vocals here, though im hoping more songs will have the gloomy, gazey Dreams in Inertia sound. This one feels... commercial.

1 hour ago, dantheriver said:

They've been emailing downloads for each of the singles so far.  I'd imagine at the least a full download code will be emailed at release.  No clue if they put actual cards in the sleeve.

Yeah, I'm trying to avoid ordering it from RR due to the shipping cost which is why I was curious about the actual cards.  I guess I'll know soon enough.

• 2 weeks later...