Blink-182 - California (Out Now!)

2 minutes ago, thedillon said:

"It's like my parents got divorced and my mom re-married this other guy... but he's really fucking cool. He likes and plays a lot of the same music that I do but he's still not my dad. He's just the "cool new step-dad" that I might see more often now but I will never miss a chance to spend time with dad."

That's deep dude!  

1 minute ago, LL COOL DREW said:

I was thinking the exact same thing,  are we ever gonna know?? 

Yeah I wanna know if the red variant bundles on there now will sell out anytime soon, & if its as limited as the purple and white, etc. May have to call them on Monday and see if they'll tell me, wouldn't be surprised if they say they have no idea. But seeing as these are KR exclusives you'd think they'd know how many they had of each to begin with.

1 hour ago, thedillon said:

I really like it. It's hard to classify it as a blink-182 album for me... really feel like it's the follow up +44 album with more blink influence.

It's 2/3 Blink members and 1/2 +44 members, so that makes little sense.

Also the style of music is way off of +44

36 minutes ago, DafTyler said:

It's 2/3 Blink members and 1/2 +44 members, so that makes little sense.

Also the style of music is way off of +44

yeah i guess you're right... it just feels like mark and travis ditching tom to go make another pop punk side project again but just calling it blink-182 because they're tired of waiting on tom

3 minutes ago, thedillon said:

yeah i guess you're right... it just feels like mark and travis ditching tom to go make another pop punk side project again but just calling it blink-182 because they're tired of waiting on tom

That is exactly what this is... They were tired of waiting on Tom and wanted to put out a blink 182 album anyway so they asked Skiba to join

1 hour ago, Satan said:

You guys want to stop jerking off over Tom? You can clearly see Skiba mocking the guy in the live performances.

I love that Skiba is in this band now. And I don't think he's mocking Tom, there's was an interview or article the other day where Skiba said he is purposefully trying to match some of Tom's inflections so as to keep it as close to the original song that everyone knows and loves as possible. I don't think he's doing it in a mean way, more of in a tribute way instead of just coming in and making the songs his own (which I almost would prefer though because he sounds so damn good on the new album when he's making it his own)

15 hours ago, Tedwards_ said:

15 hours ago, Tedwards_ said:

Dont suppose we'll ever know the pressing quantities of the Kingsroad colored variants? 

Wish they would've listed it on the descriptions. 

GB

I contacted them and here's there response  " We do not know since the label has not shared that info with us. However information always makes it the discogs website." 

Edited by LL COOL DREW

So bummed over this record. As a huge fan of Trio and Blink, I thought this would be a summer banger. It's soulless, generic garbage. None of Skiba's influence comes across in the songs. It sounds nothing like +44, I don't know why anyone would compare it to that. It just reeks of a John Feldman steered ship.

51 minutes ago, tonyregret said:

So bummed over this record. As a huge fan of Trio and Blink, I thought this would be a summer banger. It's soulless, generic garbage. None of Skiba's influence comes across in the songs. It sounds nothing like +44, I don't know why anyone would compare it to that. It just reeks of a John Feldman steered ship.

I agree that it's over produced, but there are some great songs on the record. San Diego  and Cynical stood out the most in the first listen. It's a step up from "Dogs Eating Dogs."

2 hours ago, richardschnellbacher said:

I agree that it's over produced, but there are some great songs on the record. San Diego  and Cynical stood out the most in the first listen. It's a step up from "Dogs Eating Dogs."

while i think this album is total garbage as well and agree that those are the two decent songs, dogs eating dogs was actually really good and had a blink vibe. 

5 hours ago, tonyregret said:

I think that the album would have been done much better with someone else producing it. 

I have honestly never really given a shit about Blink other than Cheshire and Dude Ranch other than novelty purposes, but for what it is, it is a decent album. 

I am glad that nasally Tom is gone, and I am a huge Alk3 fan, so Matt was what peaked my interest back into Blink. Granted there wasn't a whole lot of Matt influence, you can still hear the sounds of Matt's input. 

It isn't '97 anymore. These guys are all in their 40s now. They can't be angsty forever. That being said, for what it is the album is not that bad.