Blink-182 - California (Out Now!)

1 hour ago, dantheriver said:

Wouldn't that just mean the store broke street date? Not sure how you can blame the label/distributor for that. It's not even remotely uncommon for stores to get items before the day they are supposed to sell it.

That isn't the sole reason. It's more that a few of us on here haven't even had our copies shipped but these stores have. What's the point of buying this direct, besides "support the artist", if we could have just gone and bought this on Friday?

1 hour ago, dantheriver said:

Wouldn't that just mean the store broke street date? Not sure how you can blame the label/distributor for that. It's not even remotely uncommon for stores to get items before the day they are supposed to sell it.

That isn't the sole reason. It's more that a few of us on here haven't even had our copies shipped but these stores have. What's the point of buying this direct, besides "support the artist", if we could have just gone and bought this on Friday?

For anyone who's desperate for a red copy, the Australian webstore still has some (EDIT, they have 1 copy in stock), but it'll cost you around US$45 shipped to the States.

http://artistfirst.com.au/collections/blink-182/products/california-lp-red

Edited by ximperfectx

4 hours ago, cameronbudde said:

wait, so you're mad you're not getting your copy before Friday?... Thats not a privilege of preordering an album. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. It makes 100x more sense for the label to make sure the record stores have the copies in hand to sell on Friday. 

There is no guarantee you'll get the record on the day of release. Is that the goal though? Yeah, sure.

Besides wasn't the date pushed back to July for some of the variants?

4 hours ago, cameronbudde said:

You got a fancy color and maybe some other stupid shit you don't need. That's the reason you preordered. If you were a grown up and didn't care about something dumb like that then you could always wait and just buy stuff on release day in stores. Probably save a lot of money on shipping too.

Full disclosure: I preorder fancy colored records all the time. I am mocking you and myself at the same time for being idiots.

7 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

You got a fancy color and maybe some other stupid shit you don't need. That's the reason you preordered. If you were a grown up and didn't care about something dumb like that then you could always wait and just buy stuff on release day in stores. Probably save a lot of money on shipping too.

Full disclosure: I preorder fancy colored records all the time. I am mocking you and myself at the same time for being idiots.

That's how I felt when I opened the box. Right after I ordered taking back sunday. 

4 hours ago, ximperfectx said:

For anyone who's desperate for a red copy, the Australian webstore still has some (EDIT, they have 1 copy in stock), but it'll cost you around US$45 shipped to the States.

http://artistfirst.com.au/collections/blink-182/products/california-lp-red

At that price you might as well just buy the $45 red bundle from the US store and get a shirt with it

5 hours ago, himynameisShane said:

wait, so you're mad you're not getting your copy before Friday?... Thats not a privilege of preordering an album. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. It makes 100x more sense for the label to make sure the record stores have the copies in hand to sell on Friday. 

There is no guarantee you'll get the record on the day of release. Is that the goal though? Yeah, sure.

Besides wasn't the date pushed back to July for some of the variants?

I think you're missing my point. I don't care about getting early. Hell, I'd be fine if it was even shipped. But it hasn't. I'm 1 day before release and my record hasn't shipped, and I got the exact same variant that was at that store. 

5 hours ago, dantheriver said:

I didn't order a special variant. I ordered the black 180 that was sitting in that store. While my paid for copy hasn't even shipped the day before release. And usually MerchNow is great about this kinda stuff. Hell, KRM Euro is great too. But fuck KRM US now. I appreciate the full disclosure too. I know the stupidity lol

12 hours ago, cameronbudde said:

223 posts deep and pissed about this? I'm gonna assume you're new to collecting. Welcome. Different types of delays happen 90% of the time, sometimes they can last longer than a year. Waiting a couple days isn't going to kill you, and if you want to hear it on vinyl that bad then go buy a copy at your local record store then sell it when your preorder copy shows up or something.

7 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

223 posts deep and pissed about this? I'm gonna assume you're new to collecting. Welcome. Different types of delays happen 90% of the time, sometimes they can last longer than a year. Waiting a couple days isn't going to kill you, and if you want to hear it on vinyl that bad then go buy a copy at your local record store then sell it when your preorder copy shows up or something.

Not new, at all. There is no delay in this, just them fucking up the shipping.