Blink-182 - California (Out Now!)

On July 3, 2016 at 0:29 PM, jvdrummer182 said:

Does anyone have a copy of the hot topic splatter in hand? I want to see some pics

I should be getting mine soon. Hopefully. I live about 30 minutes from the shipping plant, but you know how mail works! It's gotta travel around the country first. 

I think I went into this album expecting almost nothing, so that makes it even better when you get the surprise that's it really freaking good.  I even like the Los Angeles song ha.  Being a huge alk3 fan(at least everything prior to agony and irony) I really didn't think this would work... Glad I was wrong. I don't miss tom at all. 

15 hours ago, [Banned User] said:

Move never once listened to Alk Trio in my entire life. So it was definitely an interesting process throughout initially bringing him on board. 

I'm really surprised you haven't listened to Alkaline Trio.. They've been a pretty popular band over the past, what, 15 years? Have you not played a Tony Hawk game? Haha 

4 hours ago, charlestonmusic said:

I'm really surprised you haven't listened to Alkaline Trio.. They've been a pretty popular band over the past, what, 15 years? Have you not played a Tony Hawk game? Haha 

Can't recall AK3 being in any THPS game until American Wasteland, which was pretty far past where most people have up on the franchise. I only played it for that dank ass soundtrack. 

Probaby gonna jam this CD again all day. Took a break yesterday since it was gloomy as hell here. 

Edited by throughbeingcruel

2 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Can't recall AK3 being in any THPS game until American Wasteland, which was pretty far past where most people have up on the franchise. I only played it for that dank ass soundtrack.

Honestly, I stopped playing em after TH's Underground. Haha But 

"Armageddon" was featured on that soundtrack. That whole soundtrack was killer. Haha

1 hour ago, charlestonmusic said:

Honestly, I stopped playing em after TH's Underground. Haha But 

"Armageddon" was featured on that soundtrack. That whole soundtrack was killer. Haha

Oh yeah I forgot about Armageddon haha. Underground was my favorite, but they got pretty sucky after that.

I only played THPS2 which is best THPS in my opinion. 

I keep finding small moments in this CD that scream classic blink. Like simple bass lines or guitar tones. 

I absolutely love the bridges in these songs as well. I'm glad Mark pushed his comfort zone and actually sang some dang bridges. 

Also, I think they majority of people who claim Untitled as blink's masterpiece love Los Angeles. I think it has a similar tone with that album. Maybe the EOTS or TOYPAJ purists don't like it as much? Just funny how either love or hate that song so far. 

28 minutes ago, dandw12786 said:

Yikes. I hope that was just a side effect of performing in the morning, because Bored to Death sounded goddamn horrible. Neither of them could hit a note to save their life. Hopefully it was just lack of warmup, seemed to get better as the show went on. 

My guess is that they're never going to sound close to the CD because the vocals throughout the album are so processed and the presence of pitch correction is fairly noticeable.

51 minutes ago, dandw12786 said:

Yikes. I hope that was just a side effect of performing in the morning, because Bored to Death sounded goddamn horrible. Neither of them could hit a note to save their life. Hopefully it was just lack of warmup, seemed to get better as the show went on. 

glad im not the only one that thought that performance was cringe worthy.

My red and silver copies came in today! Now I'm just waiting on the last package from Kings Road with a regular purple, purple signed, black vinyl, CD and signed drumhead (I mean bass).

They seem to have had trouble perorming Bored To Death ever since they played it for the first time a couple months back. If they play Rabbit Hole I feel like that'll happen with that song too, it's fast paced and Mark is singing in a higher pitch the whole song.

4 minutes ago, LL COOL DREW said:

They sounded pretty damn good at the Bethlehem PA Show!  

I will agree with this. I've seen them maybe 9 times live and this was by far the best they have sounded. Very very surprised.

Also, my routine post: still looking for a signed copy of the vinyl if anybody wants to part with their copy.

Edit: I also agree that "Bored to Death" on GMA was terrible.

Edited by Snaggle Von Swift