Blink-182 - California (Out Now!)

30 minutes ago, DafTyler said:

Aren't they only on j? 

Also I don't remember there being an h on the untitled album. 

Also there is an L in California.  

J was on Neighborhoods. Mark confirmed they forgot the H on untitled, but I still like to the think it's the missing H in "yead" during I Miss you. I was greatest hits. Mark confirmed the over-stylized K in Blink on DED was the K. So "L" for this album and Mark and crew definitely forgot because he mentioned they didn't do it. 

I'll go with the L in California haha. 

10 minutes ago, [Banned User] said:

J was on Neighborhoods. Mark confirmed they forgot the H on untitled, but I still like to the think it's the missing H in "yead" during I Miss you. I was greatest hits. Mark confirmed the over-stylized K in Blink on DED was the K. So "L" for this album and Mark and crew definitely forgot because he mentioned they didn't do it. 

I'll go with the L in California haha. 

Someone seems to believe that connect the 2 colors on Untitled makes the "H"

A lot of them seem to be a stretch.. haha

h-self-titled-h.jpg?w=420

I thought the H was the eye connecting to the smiley outline, but then Mark said they had just forgotten it. The J was definitely intentional. 

I think it's pretty clever, just seems like they are forgetful with that theory. 

I wish someone would ask them about that theory as well as why the girl's tattoo got removed from the original Cali cover. 

31 minutes ago, [Banned User] said:

I wish someone would ask them about that theory as well as why the girl's tattoo got removed from the original Cali cover. 

I thought it looked out of place, but I'm a fan of the final cropped album artwork and the 'less is more' concept in general.  I'm sure the og artwork would look cool on a shirt, poster, etc though.

1 hour ago, curator said:

I thought it looked out of place, but I'm a fan of the final cropped album artwork and the 'less is more' concept in general.  I'm sure the og artwork would look cool on a shirt, poster, etc though.

I dig the cropped version, I just wanna know why they posted the tattoo and then took it down. If it was legal stuff or just personal preference. Just interesting. 

I also like how the Cd is white and the vinyl is black. 

I listened to the whole thing last night and did a pretty lengthy review. I'll have to post it later. Overall I'm giving this album an 8/10. Might seem generous, but there are these small moments that neighborhoods and DED didn't hav. 

3 minutes ago, Jesus Of Suburbia said:

So I got my signed bundle from Kings Road! Now I ordered the signed purple bundle and a regular purple to spin but they accidentally sent me 2 signed copies. I'm not complaining lol, looks like I won't be playing a purple copy though.

6COAGCE.jpg

I'll trade ya just a regular purple and some monies if you'd be down!

I had a package with a signed bundle, a regular purple, and a black copy. Showed up yesterday and I realized it was missing the regular purple copy. Emailed KRM this morning and they asked me which purple I didn't receive (signed or unsigned). I was honest, but maybe they'll give me an extra signed one just because.

26 minutes ago, Jesus Of Suburbia said:

So I got my signed bundle from Kings Road! Now I ordered the signed purple bundle and a regular purple to spin but they accidentally sent me 2 signed copies. I'm not complaining lol, looks like I won't be playing a purple copy though.

6COAGCE.jpg

You can't play the record because the cover is signed?  Huh?

1 hour ago, Jesus Of Suburbia said:

6COAGCE.jpg

Should totally sell me the 2nd copy.

2 hours ago, Jesus Of Suburbia said:

6COAGCE.jpg

The one with all 3 signatures on the top is a keeper. Looks much better 

Finally got around to ranking them. I'll need to do this again once the honey-moon phase is over.

Cynical - This is showing what blink's new direction is. Powerful opener, just smacks you right in the face. It does NOT need to be longer. Short sweet and to the point. The perfect welcome mat for Matt to introduce his signing style. 9.5/10

Bored to Death - Slowly creeping up as a top-5 blink song for me honestly. It's a perfect mix of this new era of blink. Perfect balance of the vocalists as well as Travis shining. Notable parts are how the second verse comes in right away right after the first chorus. I love that because it's this wide open chorus and then almost eerie feeling verse. Then, after the bridge (THANK you Mark for singing the bridge), it goes into an open take on the first few words and kicks SO hard back into the chorus. Great song. 9.5/10

She's Out of Her Mind - Intro almost sounds exactly like Anthem 2 and very early blink. The pre-chorus is "eh" for me, but the chorus is dang catchy. Solid pop-punk song with the cliche pop-punk lyrics to boot. Not my favorite, but I can see people really liking this one. Another great bridge, Mark. 7/10

Los Angeles - Wow. I personally think this is hinting back towards the Untitled era for blink and that's why I love it so much. The intro just screams darkness. It's dark and punchy and almost post-punk in the sense that Matt is practically screaming in the chorus and I totally dig that. Mark and Matt compliment each other on this song extremely well. Guitars remind me of the Offspring almost. ANOTHER bridge that Mark just destroys. 9.5/10

Sober - Well, if I was blink's management, I would get this on the radio ASAP. Is it my favorite? No. But you admit that it's catchy as eff and the general public casual fan would eat this up once it hit the radio this summer. This could be the summer anthem of many a college kid. The chorus is cheesy, but catchy. I love the pause before "when I'm sober". 7.5/10

Built this Pool - Screw the haters. My girlfriend screams this song. 8/10

No Future - I wish that the intro and verses fit the chorus, or vice versa. Mark comes in almost as eerily as the guitar tone. Then the chorus hits and it's just not matching it for me. Too much pausing and stopping. I see why people like it, but I wish it was the darker song that I always think it is when the intro drops in. Props to Matt for his bridge though. The almost-voice-crack gives it a more passionate and personalized vibe. 6.5/10

Home is Such a Lonely Place - Wow. Getting this "I Miss You" vibe but in 2016 as if it were a lullaby. Also, does anyone here the soft voice almost saying "he-he" in the background? I love that. I love this song. Mark kills the verses and then Matt passionately places his take on the chorus. Another great compliment between Mark and Matt working together. Then Travis comes in and tops the song off like non-other. Plus, wasn't this song directed towards Jack Hoppus eventually going to college? I dig that fatherly love that both Mark and Travis have for their kids. 8.5/10

Kings of the Weekend - I think this would make an amazing single. Especially for those weekend warriors out there. Everything about this song is great. The chorus is so catchy and fun, albeit a little cheesy. "Hereeee we gooo" is so great. Guitar sounds great in this song. Only down-grade is the scream in the middle. That's the only thing holding it back from being a single. Summer anthem? Yeah. 9/10

Teenage Satellites - Well, the song title is something Tom would come up with. I find this song a little lackluster. The verses are too mellow and the chorus doesn't lift the song up enough. Still digging the guitar on this one. Too much Matt for me on this one. Mark's bridge saves this song. The dude needs to write 500 bridges because he kills it. 6/10

Left Alone - Yet another banger. The intro guitar reminds me almost of the Cure. Mark and Matt harmonizing sounds amazing in the verses. This PRECHORUS, holy... Are we halfway gone? Then this epic chorus. This song needs more attention. I can see how similar it is to Bored to Death in the sense that we get this more mellow verse with a killer prechorus and then explosive chorus. I can't get enough of this song. 9.5/10

Rabbit Hole - Reminds me of No Future in the sense that it isn't working as a full song for me. Mark sounds amazing, but the chorus gets a little too punchy and the verses start to blend which ends up creating a weird structure for me. The "with you, with you, with you" after chorus is the saving grace of the song. The bridge sounds amazing with it. The gang vocals are almost too much for it. 7/10

San Diego - This one is a hidden gem for me. The verses are great. The chorus is great. Just an overall great song. I particularly like how well the chorus flows up and down. Like the whole thing can be said in just one run on sentence and yet sound so catchy and fun. The opening in the bridge sounds so great with them harmonizing together over Travis killin the snare. Matt screaming at the end is so good. 8.5/10

The Only Thing That Matters - The verses are the pieces that stick out the most for me in this song. So fast and fun in the first verse. Then after the chorus, Matt takes it half-time and rips open that fast-pace and then speeds it back up and kills it. True blink feels in this song. 8/10

California - I kinda wish they had dropped this one. I feel like it's trying to hard to make an anthem. Too slow to be an anthem for me, and at this point we've already heard 2 heavy california referenced songs. This song is a great example of how well Mark and Matt can harmonize though. The ending is saved when Travis brings them all together, and the two vocals REALLY shine here. Explosion. Ok, maybe this song ain't that bad. 7.5/10

Brohemian Rhapsody - Ok I get it, I just wish the guitar was used for an actual song. 7/10

Hey I'm Sorry - Why was this not on the actual album..? Switch this with Teenage Satellites. Mark kills that first verse with his lyrics and voice. Matt's prechorus is a great example of his voice and I love it, but Mark takes this song with that chorus. Wow. I like how well the verses contrast the chorus in a sense that the verses flow pretty easily, and then a stomping chorus with Matt's echo-ing "whoa-oh-oh". 8/10

California -- 8/10