Blink-182 - California (Out Now!)

44 minutes ago, Jesus Of Suburbia said:

Honestly the things people nitpick from California and the deluxe songs is ridiculous. Gotta find something to complain about.

You can't honestly say any songs from the California era are good. It's 40 year old men singing about being "Kings of the Weekend" and writing songs like "Sober" and "She's Out of Her Mind." Furthermore, the lyrics to Parking Lot make no fucking sense. All the songs are generic garbage that are incredibly predictable and have childishly writen lyrics. John Feldman's influence on them is destorying the band.

3 minutes ago, TheArtThief said:

"You can't honestly say any songs from the California era are good."
I can and have.

"It's 40 year old men singing about being "Kings of the Weekend" and writing songs like "Sober" and "She's Out of Her Mind.""
That's funny, you pick two rather normal songs instead of complaining about two 40 year olds singining about building a pool to see naked dudes or saying that they can't get a girl more pregnant. Who reads into Blink lyrics so closely like it's Bob Dylan or some other master song writer? Plus don't mention songs like Misery, Cynical and San Diego when they all contain some rather serious lyrical context. Some stuff is serious and some isn't, that's not new for Blink.

"Furthermore, the lyrics to Parking Lot make no fucking sense. "
Do they need to make sense? The drum work on Parking Lot kicks ass and I think Skiba's vocals rocked that song.

"All the songs are generic garbage that are incredibly predictable and have childishly writen lyrics."
I'll refer you back to Misery, San Diego, 6/8, Los Angeles, Cynical and Bored to Death. I'd love to know what makes any song on California (other than the joke songs) "childish".

"John Feldman's influence on them is destorying the band."
That I don't disagree with. If John just let Mark, Travis and Matt do their thing we would've probably had a much different album but Feldy produced all the deluxe songs as well and so far it's got possibly the best stuff from California.

2 hours ago, TheArtThief said:

You can't honestly say any songs from the California era are good. It's 40 year old men singing about being "Kings of the Weekend" and writing songs like "Sober" and "She's Out of Her Mind." Furthermore, the lyrics to Parking Lot make no fucking sense. All the songs are generic garbage that are incredibly predictable and have childishly writen lyrics. John Feldman's influence on them is destorying the band.

i love it... 

This might be a long shot, but if anyone has a tour exclusive copy of California, I am from Australia and in desperate need of one. I am in LA for the next 3 weeks with a friend, so could just get posted to LA to save hassle. 

Also all copies of Deluxe Edition of California are sold out on the Blink182 Website now for those interested.

13 hours ago, bjorn said:

b182-bauer_original.jpg

DSC_7411_original.jpg

Got some Blink gigposters out if anyone is interested, including a handful of super limited foil prints!

http://bjornbauerart.storenvy.com/products/19792286-blink-182-w-the-naked-and-famous-wavves

Not really related but it's cool to see another Blink fan from Albany on here! Did you do the gig poster for this show?

Edited by Jesus Of Suburbia

2 hours ago, Tidal Wave said:

Misery, parking lot, and 6/8 are some of the best songs since the reunion. Better than everything from Dogs or neighborhoods. 

I liked one track on Dogs a lot, and Neighborhoods grew on me, but overall i agree, how these tracks didnt make the original is very strange. 

On 4/29/2017 at 11:13 AM, bjorn said:

b182-bauer_original.jpg

DSC_7411_original.jpg

Got some Blink gigposters out if anyone is interested, including a handful of super limited foil prints!

http://bjornbauerart.storenvy.com/products/19792286-blink-182-w-the-naked-and-famous-wavves

thats sick af. wish I had $48 to blow on that foil. Maybe got a code for free shipping for VC? :D worth a shot lol 

On 4/30/2017 at 2:21 AM, Jesus Of Suburbia said:

Not really related but it's cool to see another Blink fan from Albany on here! Did you do the gig poster for this show?

If you're referring to the Alabama show then yes! 

2 hours ago, tokimedo said:

thats sick af. wish I had $48 to blow on that foil. Maybe got a code for free shipping for VC? :D worth a shot lol 

I'd totally do that. Just message me and we can figure something out!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, himynameisShane said:

That's awesome! I wanted the green, but couldn't bite the bullet on the cost.

The timing was right financially, but then Amazon had a listing for $20 less so I was gonna go with that. If I end up with a free colored pop-up edition, I'll be hyped. It's not like blink is gonna bleed out over $50. I spent close to that on a t-shirt when I saw them last year.