Blink-182 - California (Out Now!)

3 hours ago, ejc625 said:

Shit you deserve it if you are collecting blink variants. 

And I thought the Clear variant of the original California was going to be my best find before we knew about the Gold Deluxe. I'll have every variant of California except for this one. RIP me.

37 minutes ago, DafTyler said:

ya youre right he is prob better off buying right now when its the most popular.

I'm just saying I don't foresee it dropping off in price. I think no matter what if you're trying to get a gold by buying it you're gonna be shit out of luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a bit upset at the Gold variant tbh. I know it's cool to do random gifts or whatever, but as a variant collector who has the better part of every single release they've ever done, I am pretty upset my only option is "buy it on eBay" after I already have to deal with staggered release dates for most of their pressings (meaning 20+ separate orders shipping to Australia every year).

Anyways, here's praying I get the Gold or find one somewhere I guess! 

Also: Chasing a California Tour Variant if anyone wants to part with one

http://imgur.com/a/xtXoT

Edited by akanorman

4 hours ago, akanorman said:

I am pretty upset my only option is "buy it on eBay"

Your other option is to not buy everything that has a band's name all over it, and save your hard earned money. I'll never understand why "variant collectors" feel compelled to keep dropping cash on ridiculous numbers of pressings. There's way better things in life to spend your money on (or not spend it at all).

Rant over.

15 minutes ago, ximperfectx said:

Your other option is to not buy everything that has a band's name all over it, and save your hard earned money. I'll never understand why "variant collectors" feel compelled to keep dropping cash on ridiculous numbers of pressings. There's way better things in life to spend your money on (or not spend it at all).

Rant over.

Maybe a record collecting forum isn't for you. Just sayin'  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 hours ago, akanorman said:

I'm a bit upset at the Gold variant tbh. I know it's cool to do random gifts or whatever, but as a variant collector who has the better part of every single release they've ever done, I am pretty upset my only option is "buy it on eBay" after I already have to deal with staggered release dates for most of their pressings (meaning 20+ separate orders shipping to Australia every year).

Aw.  Lemme know if I can ship you a tissue box

8 hours ago, akanorman said:

The sense of entitlement is high with this one. 

1 hour ago, switch5150 said:

Holllllly shit. This dude is nuts. I'm unfortunately a blink variant collector, but anyone that would pay that( or anything remotely close to that!) has a screw loose..... in a few places. 

On a related  note, I have a hand numbered Enema of the State /182 from MTS that I'd be willing to part with for $1200....... with FREE shipping! ;) 

On 2017-6-28 at 0:02 AM, Tidal Wave said:

The sense of entitlement is high with this one. 

Or maybe just disappointed I invested a whole lot into a collection and now I have to pay some kid a blown out wad of cash to keep my collection complete instead of supporting the band I choose to support.

This is a board called "vinyl collective" so it's not unusual for people to talk about collecting vinyl.