Blink-182 - California (Out Now!)

51 minutes ago, akanorman said:

Or maybe just disappointed I invested a whole lot into a collection and now I have to pay some kid a blown out wad of cash to keep my collection complete instead of supporting the band I choose to support.

This is a board called "vinyl collective" so it's not unusual for people to talk about collecting vinyl.

No one said it was unusual to talk about vinyl here. Variant collecting is a money hole, and you knew what you were getting yourself into when you decided to variant collect for one of the most popular bands on earth. Don't be pissy because they did something really cool for some lucky fans and you weren't one of them. You aren't entitled to shit because you decided to throw a ton of money into a hole. 

54 minutes ago, akanorman said:

Or maybe just disappointed I invested a whole lot into a collection and now I have to pay some kid a blown out wad of cash to keep my collection complete instead of supporting the band I choose to support.

This is a board called "vinyl collective" so it's not unusual for people to talk about collecting vinyl.

I just think it's funny grown ups collect blink 182 variants.

13 hours ago, akanorman said:

If you look at vinyl as an investment you have already lost. 

15 hours ago, akanorman said:

It isn't unusual to talk about vinyl on here; however, it is funny to bitch about the act of collecting said vinyl.

It's weird not being able to get a gold copy after being able to get every variant from the standard and deluxe versions. It's funny that people are judging how others collect on here, we get it that you don't like Blink-182, that's fine, not going to stop me from getting what I want from one of my favorite bands.

59 minutes ago, Jesus Of Suburbia said:

It's weird not being able to get a gold copy after being able to get every variant from the standard and deluxe versions. It's funny that people are judging how others collect on here, we get it that you don't like Blink-182, that's fine, not going to stop me from getting what I want from one of my favorite bands.

I don't think its a criticism of collectors in general more just a criticism of the attitude that the guy feels he deserves one as a result of his previous collecting habit or that they shouldn't have done it at all to save them from going to non variant collectors. Ultimately doing an under 200 run on a variant for a band this size was bound to ruffle feathers as inevitably people who got lucky may not be "ultra fans" and many non completists who get their hands on this would inevitably wind up flipping it because of the crazy prices the after market is producing. I mean if I got a record that I already own that people were willing to pay 500 bones for free of charge I'd have a hard time justifying not selling it.

I feel for those of you who missed out because it is undoubtedly annoying when you have one missing piece from a complete set but ultimately a band you love did something nice here, the idea that your collection being incomplete is an injustice is silly. I'd wager everyone on here has missed out on at least one item and felt the frustration of exorbitant after market profiteering. It goes with the territory of collecting. Being disappointed that a band even made this little special thing just because it disrupts your complete collection is just petty. 

14 minutes ago, Roandy55 said:

Congratulations! I think the guy was genuine, but he simply  had no idea of the value.  He really should have started an auction,  pretty sure it would have ended up going for a lot more.

Thank you! Couldn't have done it without your post! I owe ya several beers! Or if there are any US pressings you need me to keep an eye out for, let me know!

Good on them for changing the price to be more fair though. I love my blink collection but woulda never been able to justify $1200 for it. $300 and eating ramen for a couple months, SURE! LOL!

1 hour ago, Skacel said:

That's total BS! Did they give an explanation for cancelling?

This was the email from ebay:

"We're sorry to let you know that vinylholic1977 canceled your order and mentioned the reason as I'm out of stock or the item is damaged.

The seller refunded $295.00 back to your original payment method, and you don't need to do anything else."

Then Paypal sent me the refund email with her full email listed and if I have questions to email them directly.  So, I sent her an email to ask what the reason for this really was. I'm guessing I won't get a response, but I'm giving it a shot.