Blink-182 - California (Out Now!)

6 hours ago, ChasHawk said:

Part of being an adult is enjoying the shows without drinking.

Even without drinking, 2 hours of sleep before an 8-10 hour shift is not something that appeals to me anymore. 

Part of being an adult is being able to say to no to things that you really want to do for various reasons.

Edited by ejc625

I'm 2+ hours away from the blink show I'm going to on a work night, and if I wasn't able to take the next day off (like i did) I don't think I'd go either.  3 hours of sleep just wouldn't cut it. 

Maybe if it was a band I have never seen and really wanted to though I'd try. But I've seen blink enough that it wouldn't be a big deal. 

1 hour ago, ejc625 said:

Even without drinking, 2 hours of sleep before an 8-10 hour shift is not something that appeals to me anymore. 

Part of being an adult is being able to say to no to things that you really want to do for various reasons.

I hear you man...I get up at 4:45 for work (plus I'm in grad school plus I have a 2yo), so it has to be a really special show to get me out on a work night (Sleep with Windhand is the only recent one I can even remember).

5 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Where the hell are you guys getting the money to afford to drink at a show? Last time I drank at a show was Circa Survive in March 2015 and I spent $50 getting kinda drunk. 

You gotta pre game in the parking lot first,  then you only need to buy like 2 beers to keep the buzz going.  

8 minutes ago, LL COOL DREW said:

You gotta pre game in the parking lot first,  then you only need to buy like 2 beers to keep the buzz going.  

I always pregame with weed since that'll usually make me wanna steer clear of booze, but when Balance & Composure and Circa play the same show, shit can get outta hand haha. 

On 31.07.2016 at 4:06 PM, throughbeingcruel said:

Where the hell are you guys getting the money to afford to drink at a show? Last time I drank at a show was Circa Survive in March 2015 and I spent $50 getting kinda drunk. 

How many beers was that?

Because $50 in Roubles is 3000r.

Average beer cost at gigs is 250r ->12 beers.

12 beers is 6 liter or 202,884oz

I remeber zebrahead gig when I drank 12+ beers(in 2-3 hours) and end ended up french kissing my bass player in the middle of Moscow(my life would never be the same)

So just curious.

37 minutes ago, ASSARTOSE said:

How many beers was that?

Because $50 in Roubles is 3000r.

Average beer cost at gigs is 250r ->12 beers.

12 beers is 6 liter or 202,884oz

I remeber zebrahead gig when I drank 12+ beers(in 2-3 hours) and end ended up french kissing my bass player in the middle of Moscow(my life would never be the same)

So just curious.

Like 5 beers and a decent tip. Your numbers confuse the fuck out of me, by the way. Average beer cost is 12 beers?

1 hour ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Like 5 beers and a decent tip. Your numbers confuse the fuck out of me, by the way. Average beer cost is 12 beers?

No, no, no.  Avg beer cost is 250r. He said your conversion was $50 =3000r. 3000/250 = 12 beers for $50(or 3000r) at a show.

They were saying that for $50 they could buy a dozen beers at a show at the cost of 250r each.

Drinking at a show shouldn't be as expensive as that though...$50? I can go to a show, have 5 or 6 beers for under $30. Depends on the venue, but $2-3 per beer, $1 tip each beer, comes out to $24 even at the higher $3 price.

Let's say I actually wanted to get really sloppy (I don't), add in $6ish for a sixer of PBR tallboys outside the show and you're at ~$31.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

59 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

No, no, no.  Avg beer cost is 250r. He said your conversion was $50 =3000r. 3000/250 = 12 beers for $50(or 3000r) at a show.

They were saying that for $50 they could buy a dozen beers at a show at the cost of 250r each.

Drinking at a show shouldn't be as expensive as that though...$50? I can go to a show, have 5 or 6 beers for under $30. Depends on the venue, but $2-3 per beer, $1 tip each beer, comes out to $24 even at the higher $3 price.

Let's say I actually wanted to get really sloppy (I don't), add in $6ish for a sixer of PBR tallboys outside the show and you're at ~$31.

The particular venue in talking about is Headliner's in Louisville. It's basically a bar, but only opens for shows from what I've seen. I drink ciders, so around $9 each after tip. It's not a Live Nation joint, but it's set up like it for the most part.