Blink-182 - California (Out Now!)

9 minutes ago, tatom said:

Got mine today, is the record mat a standard thing that came with all of them? I got the record, 2 stickers and the record mat.

Yep! MrTSurt, who pretty much oversees blinks merch, got those made and added as a nice little extra for all the deluxe orders from blinks website. 4 different colored record mats to match whatever color you bought 

16 hours ago, zacooper said:

So I posted pics of mine last night when it came in and MrTSurt posted saying the golds are being shipped out separately.

So you're saying there's a chance...

So if anyone has USPS tracking notifications set up, it should be pretty obvious if they're getting a gold because tracking notifications will show up for a package they didn't order from CA, right? Lol.

8 minutes ago, beardacus said:

Does anyone else find this entire record completely underwhelming? I just can't get into it more than a song or two at a time since the majority of the tracks, to me, sound the same. 

yes. this album is very whatever to me.

idk if I grew up, not into skiba, or its just not good. still trying to decide.

Good Ol Days, Last Train Home, and 6/8 are the best on it for me. Other than those it's a skip. Except for Hey I'm Sorry which I still consider part of the original. 

Fingers crossed for the gold. I variant collect blink so I guess I'll pay a price for it either way. 

I have a MTS enema misprint /25 that I'd trade for it if anyone gets it. Big deal. 

I can safely say I enjoy all the songs, Bottom of the Ocean is a weird one, +44-esque but it's interesting. Good Old Days and Last Train Home are my favorites that we didn't hear from before release. My top 3 from Deluxe are probably Parking Lot, Wildfire and Misery.

18 hours ago, psus2h said:

I had been curious as to why they didn't just release a new album as opposed to a deluxe ed.  If they released the second disc as a new album it'd get poor ratings, but as b-sides they're enjoyable.  

I still miss Tom...

(I think it was) Mark said that they still were contracted to promote California for another year or so, and this was there way around it. Initially I was upset that I had to rebuy the album to get the new songs, but my new copy seems to be less flimsy/better quality than the initial release.  

11 minutes ago, Giekorock said:

Not super relevant to specifically california, but the blink box set is super cheap on Amazon right now. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M984V1H/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you click on "New From" it's about $23 plus shipping

That seems absurdly cheap. Went for it.