Need Help With Cassette Storage

So lately my cassette collection has been growing at a pretty fast rate and I want to find something to properly store them.  As of right now I just have my tapes stacked on my shelf but I have a lot of new tapes incoming so I won't be able to do this for much longer.  I have done some research and what I've found so far is either a little pricy, way to big for what I'm looking for, or doesn't have enough slots for the tapes I have.

I'm looking for something that is 3'x3' max that preferably has multiple drawers or shelves that I can put the tapes in. It needs to hold at least 90 tapes since my collection is growing fast and anything under 90 will fill up in no time.  If its portable that would be huge since I would like to bring my collection back and forth to school.  From checking other threads it appears most people have gotten lucky from going to thrift shops and finding something that is a perfect fit for what they're looking for, however if anyone has any suggestions I definitely want to hear them!  

I have six of those drawer type holders that have three drawers with 14 tapes per drawer. I also have a Napa Valley wooden shelf that holds like 30 tapes which looks nice. And then I have a long plastic holder that only has like 15 slots but it's lightweight and has a lid plus two black plastic holders that connect together but they're only 8 tapes each.

The drawer ones came from goodwill. I've also seen rotating ones but they didn't work too well with what I needed. Haven't seen any portable storage holders.

• 8 months later...

I have a few of those wooden cassette drawers from back in the day. I see them at thrift stores quite often. I got both of mine for about $1.50. If you're a handyman though, you could easily make a little cassette crate with some items you could recycle around your house or in your garage. That's what I did for my 45's. If that's not up your alley though, I definitely recommend checking out some local thrift stores for some drawers. 

2 hours ago, MyckelJay said:

I have a few of those wooden cassette drawers from back in the day. I see them at thrift stores quite often. I got both of mine for about $1.50. If you're a handyman though, you could easily make a little cassette crate with some items you could recycle around your house or in your garage. That's what I did for my 45's. If that's not up your alley though, I definitely recommend checking out some local thrift stores for some drawers. 

Nice, thanks for the ideas. I have a pretty good thrift store near here so I'll check that first. 

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/storage-furniture/shelving-units-systems/kallax-insert-with-2-drawers-high-gloss-white-art-00314642/

I'm thinking about getting one of these for my tapes. Not sure how many it will hold though, I'd have a look at it in the store first to check it out. 

Edited by vinyldestination
Hmm

• 8 months later...