*** PLEASE READ: About the new VC*****

Hello Everyone at Vinyl Collective

I will try to compile all the information about whats going on the site with the new upgrade.

Why did we update VC?
The version of the forum software that we use for VC was too old and needed an upgrade (mostly for security).

The new version inevitably comes with some changes. Specially the new "Activity" feature.

How do I filter content by "What i posted in", "What I follow","What I started", ...?

You can click on "My activity streams"  and you can choose what you wanna see based on some conditions, you can also create your own Stream with a mix of conditions

How to control notifications?

Click on the Bell icon and then go to notification settings.

Why Is ..... Not working?

Let us know of any bug and we will fix it. Just be polite and patient thank you.

Why is Search and Activity not showing everything?

Because of the software upgrade we had to re index all the posts on the site. We have over 2.6 million of them.

Until this process is done. search will show no results. And your Activity stream will only show things from the launch date (May 1st) and on!

Why are Emails not sending ?

This is something I am currently investigating. We will give you an update when its fixed.

When are you adding more themes?

Very soon. We will work on that after the main issues are resolved.

Is it the end of VC?

No, All the issues will be fixed eventually and you will learn how to use the updated forum.
Just be patient, thank you.

ASK anything on this topic

Biggest problem I'm having is when I hit "submit reply" it appears as if it's loading forever "saving".

The post still shows up though when I refresh the page. Not getting the double post problem, possibly from people trying to hit the post button multiple times when they see it stuck at "saving"?

EDIT: Looks like I'm not getting stuck @ saving anymore. 

27 minutes ago, HectorSRCVINYL said:

How do I filter content by "What i posted in", "What I follow","What I started", ...?

You can click on "My activity streams"  and you can choose what you wanna see based on some conditions, you can also create your own Stream with a mix of conditions

Why Is ..... Not working?

Let us know of any bug and we will fix it. Just be polite and patient thank you.

Why is Search and Activity not showing everything?

Because of the software upgrade we had to re index all the posts on the site. We have over 2.6 million of them.

Until this process is done. search will show no results. And your Activity stream will only show things from the launch date (May 1st) and on!

I posted in multiple threads this morning, and I started following many threads this morning. I tried to use the activity stream to view the content I follow and the content I have posted in, but neither of them were updating properly. All of that was done since the launch date, but almost all of the topics I had posted in or started following weren't showing up still. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or something needs to be fixed but I wanted to bring it to your attention either way so it could be addressed. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, RhoBearToe said:

I posted in multiple threads this morning, and I started following many threads this morning. I tried to use the activity stream to view the content I follow and the content I have posted in, but neither of them were updating properly. All of that was done since the launch date, but almost all of the topics I had posted in or started following weren't showing up still. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or something needs to be fixed but I wanted to bring it to your attention either way so it could be addressed. Thanks!

I'll look into that. Thanks.

Just now, HectorSRCVINYL said:

As an example I both started following the Kanye West - Life of Pablo thread and posted in it this morning, and other people have posted in it since I've done both of those things and it has never shown up in either list. Just thought a specific example might help.

Just now, HectorSRCVINYL said:

As an example I both started following the Kanye West - Life of Pablo thread and posted in it this morning, and other people have posted in it since I've done both of those things and it has never shown up in either list. Just thought a specific example might help.

3 minutes ago, RhoBearToe said:

I will be testing that stuff out. Its funny I created a Kanye Collective section on my testing site while making the new template.

A lot of threads are not properly bumping to the top. For example, two three people including me posted in this Citizen thread and it never bumped.

Additionally, these bumps do not appear in Activity.

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/111983-citizen-everybody-is-going-to-heaven-lp/?page=24#comment-2583743

EDIT: Okay, it bumped properly but only after.. 13 minutes?

I see that it worked for you but the Citizen thread definitely did not bump on post. I'm not sure if it's just an odd glitch that happens sometimes or what, but the Citizen bumps didn't appear in the activity like your bumps did, which is strange.

EDIT: Most recent bump on said thread worked fine. Maybe it was just an isolated incident.

2 hours ago, Issei Hyoudou said:

Getting error EX0 when I try to access my profile.

Sorry I misunderstood the problem. I visited YOUR profile and I see the error now. Its so weird that an error only happens to a certain person.

But I'm assuming other people have it too but we just dont know. We are investigating.

For some reason they'll be new posts in a thread (eg: Small Talk) but I wont be able to go past a certain page #, from what I've heard others are having the same issue. Some people said that once a new page is formed that you'll be able to move up a page (I agree with that theory) but still at least a page behind.

6 minutes ago, Professor Finn said:

For some reason they'll be new posts in a thread (eg: Small Talk) but I wont be able to go past a certain page #, from what I've heard others are having the same issue. Some people said that once a new page is formed that you'll be able to move up a page (I agree with that theory) but still at least a page behind.

Can you find me a link to a topic where this happens?