Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

19 minutes ago, tagruato said:

I called my local shop in Orlando and they told me they tried to order some of the Burn the Witch 7", but won't be getting ANY. Pretty discouraging as that was likely the only shop around that would've had a chance at getting some.

My local ordered 65+ and is getting 5.  Folks that pre-order the white AMSP from them this weekend will be entered into a lottery for a chance to buy one of the 5 copies on Monday...  

Edited by kisol
Grammar correction

44 minutes ago, kisol said:

My local ordered 65+ and is getting 5.  Folks that pre-order the white AMSP from them this weekend will be entered into a lottery for a chance to buy one of the 5 copies on Monday...  

That seems like a frustrating way to do it, but at least they go to fans I guess.

2 hours ago, Waters said:

Melody Supreme just cancelled my preorder for the white-

If you received a CANCELATION message from our website, it is a system error.
There was literally so much traffic for this one product, it ‘broke’ the page.

This has NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER on your order or payment, since we use PayPal to track actual orders.

http://www.melodysupreme.org/product/radiohead-a-moon-shaped-pool-white-vinyl/

An aside:  I'm a web designer, formerly freelance, and I've worked with (or courted) a few of the local record stores in my area.  In all three cases, it's ended with a bit of an icey or just awkward relationship which has ruined my excitement over coming into any of the shops as a customer.

But trying to get a copy of this 7" has been enough motivation for me to get back into contact with two of the stores.  I hope I can grab one and that it's worth the awkwardness.

Just to give a bit of a retailer's point of view on this (I am based in the UK so can't speak for anywhere else), the last we heard about the 7" from the distributor is 'there is no info yet' and that was on Monday so I doubt that many/any stores will have this in stock tomorrow, I know we haven't been given the chance to order any yet (although we are obviously relatively tiny so some bigger stores may be in the loop).

Edit: Turns out these are just being given to selected indie stores

As for the limited white LP again pre-orders have not been taken for this yet so ordering is unlikely to guarantee you a copy as stores will not know how many copies they are getting it is purely guess work (which is why I will be giving the white copies to people on a first come first serve basis). 

Basically don't be surprised if your order is cancelled & if you're in the UK I wouldn't worry too much about rushing around trying to find the 7" tomorrow as I suspect more will be available in the coming weeks.

Edited by barron22

1 hour ago, lethalenforcer said:

Discogs. Nabbed the first copy that went up I believe, the guy has it in-hand already. The first copy went up on eBay as a 24 hour auction. Interested where that finishes at.

One popped up on discogs for $50 an hour or two ago. That lasted maybe 10 minutes. I didn't notice the $40 one but i wonder if it was the same seller. Was it theditches?

52 minutes ago, fish said:

One popped up on discogs for $50 an hour or two ago. That lasted maybe 10 minutes. I didn't notice the $40 one but i wonder if it was the same seller. Was it theditches?

Nope, different guy. I saw the $50 copy pop up maybe 10 minutes after I ordered mine and it was gone minutes later.

My local shop confirmed with me earlier today they're not getting any, and the three other closest places seemed to have no idea. Such a weird release.