Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

For those in LA, Amoeba Hollywood has an event and is selling the album early:

Join us this evening from 8-11pm to purchase the new album, show off your Radiohead knowledge with our trivia questions, enjoy yummy treats, and take home special gifts with purchase of A Moon Shaped Pool [including buttons and posters, while supplies last].

2 hours ago, jackshidt said:

This Ebay seller has one left: $42.00USA after shipping.

Radiohead on Ebay

I didn't get this one but I did just buy another on eBay for $48.99 shipped. Considering the retail price of just under $30 for the standard black, it's not that much of a stretch because I do agree the price of these will only go up. 9000 is not a lot for a band as well-known as Radiohead. And since I won't be around this weekend, there's basically no chance of me picking one up at a local shop. Tried yesterday but two were releasing Friday, one had them out but no white copies. 

Welp...

We’re really sorry but we’re afraid we have some bad news. Sadly, we did not receive enough copies to fill your order. We fought to get you the copy you deserve but ultimately were denied. Your order will be cancelled and, if you have been charged, a refund will be issued. Again, we’re very sorry about this situation. 

1 minute ago, EHughes527 said:

Welp...

We’re really sorry but we’re afraid we have some bad news. Sadly, we did not receive enough copies to fill your order. We fought to get you the copy you deserve but ultimately were denied. Your order will be cancelled and, if you have been charged, a refund will be issued. Again, we’re very sorry about this situation. 

+1 :(

36 minutes ago, EHughes527 said:

Welp...

Count me in as a cancelled as well from BM. Bummed cause my closest retail record store sucks and isn't getting any white in.

I figure it sucks, especially for large indie retailers when dealing with preorders like this, since they normally don't have the best, if any idea about eventual allocations of limited items. All they can do is accept preorders and see how many they'll be able to fulfill, unfortunately. So, it's not really their fault and I don't think they are to blame if an order doesn't come through. It sure sucks for both sides. 

From Bullmoose:

"Hello again,

Due to the unfortunate circumstances leading to our inability to fulfill your order, we have issued you a $5 store credit compensation. This credit will be added to your account shortly. Once again, we sincerely apologize for this disappointment.

Thank you,

Keith Murphy

Web Manager "

Mighty decent of them to offer some credit considering they're at the mercy of the distributor. Thankfully I snatched up a copy of discogs for $33 immediately after Bullmoose sent that cancellation notice. Seen a few in the $30 range on there, doesn't feel unreasonable all things considered.

For anyone in Toronto, I walked into Sonic Boom today and they notched me down for an indie variant pickup tomorrow and said they have a bunch more. 

Also, while 9000 is limited for Radiohead, I don't feel it is that limited given that there is also a deluxe version out there. For those tempted to overpay for an indie version, wait it out for a few days. I'm sure many are bound to pop up. Don't forget to check your local as well if you have that option!

27 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

For anyone in Toronto, I walked into Sonic Boom today and they notched me down for an indie variant pickup tomorrow and said they have a bunch more. 

Also, while 9000 is limited for Radiohead, I don't feel it is that limited given that there is also a deluxe version out there. For those tempted to overpay for an indie version, wait it out for a few days. I'm sure many are bound to pop up. Don't forget to check your local as well if you have that option!

Nice. Also for Toronto folks, I see that Tiny Record Shop is also doing the "Live from A Moon Shaped Pool" thing as well. I assume they'll have some of the white variant as well.