Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

2 hours ago, natenomm said:

BullMoose Tweeted out an announcement for a deluxe edition preorder with a blue cover for $90, but they deleted it. That'll probably pop up again soon-ish.

EDIT: Found the link http://www.bullmoose.com/p/24373177/radiohead-moon-shaped-pool-deluxe-2lp-2cd

Wait, so... same exact thing as the other deluxe right? I'm surprised retailers will be selling this.

4 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

From the Bullmoose listing

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/24373177/radiohead-moon-shaped-pool-deluxe-2lp-2cd

The tape band not being there is the only difference I can see.

• Recording tape belly band applied:

This is a piece of a Radiohead ½ inch master tape from an actual recording session. The tape degrades over time and becomes unplayable. 

The band  thought rather than it ending up as landfill they would cut it up and make it useful as a part of the special edition. A new life for some obsolete technology. 

Each loop contains about ¾ of a second of audio - which could be from any era in the band’s recording past going back to Kid A. 

You may have silence, you may have coloured leader tape, you may have a chorus.

Now they're listing the tape band as part of it, so I guess it's exactly the same?

9 hours ago, Mano said:

What do you guys do with the belly band? Keep it sealed and put it aside? Scared to put it back on, seems rather fragile...

Every time I listen to Side D, I put the belly band on my head. It helps me remember to put it back on the record.

On 15/10/2016 at 2:11 PM, voltagedrop said:

Anyone in Canada receive theirs yet? Still waiting here in Toronto.

So am I, and I'm in Quebec. Emailed them a couple of days ago, got a reply they were going to forward it to the shipping office. Eagerly waiting for a reply since then.

Edited by firebird1