Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

56 minutes ago, rds said:

$43 sounds about right for original cost + shipping + PayPal fees.  Some stores were selling it for $29.99 but my local shop was at $34.99 + tax.

Pretty much sums it up right.  Thanks. I seriously have no interest in scalping this at all.  I figured for those who still wanted it, I'd offer it.   Thought about getting snarky with Doman but not worth iit.  

Edited by idioteque...

I got an extra copy of the Rainbo Records Press in thanks to Bullmoose cancelling then reactivating my original order. If anyone is interested I am selling it for $35 delivered in the US which is basically just getting my money back, maybe losing a few bucks but whatever.

The duplicate I have, which I am keeping as a listening copy, is also Rainbo Records and sounds great with no audible flaws. Can't guarantee anything about the one I'm selling as it's sealed other than the sleeve and shrink is NM/MINT.

I have positive feedback as a seller on both eBay and discogs, message me and I can provide my seller names on those if you need to check me out.

Sold. Sorry I didn't put this in the buy / sell section.

Edited by Stryder
Brainfart

7 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

You could get something to clean those records of yours for the price of two copies of that record, if we're going off of the ridiculous $43 price tag you've assigned it.  Perhaps you should prioritize THAT instead of buying more records.

I assumed retail was $30 everywhere. My bad ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

received the optimal pressing. sounds amazing and no surface noise. but i think i might have to return it because the preorder said opaque white. there are some black swirls on one of the sides and the preorder didn't say anything about that! you think it wouldn't be too hard to keep black vinyl out of the press!

9 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

received the optimal pressing. sounds amazing and no surface noise. but i think i might have to return it because the preorder said opaque white. there are some black swirls on one of the sides and the preorder didn't say anything about that! you think it wouldn't be too hard to keep black vinyl out of the press!

not sure if serious.

12 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

1/1 Limited Edition Marbled Pressing.  

54 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

those little pellets find their way in. We need a bigger wall

I ended up with an Optimal (from Reckless) and it sounds very solid, throughout the majority of the album.  I get a few light clicks during Glass Eyes (first song Side C), and then some actual troublesome pops during True Love Waits (last song Side D).  Overall I am fine with it, I just wish the noisy song weren't one of the quietest on the album to begin with.

11 minutes ago, thievedrelic said:

I ended up with an Optimal (from Reckless) and it sounds very solid, throughout the majority of the album.  I get a few light clicks during Glass Eyes (first song Side C), and then some actual troublesome pops during True Love Waits (last song Side D).  Overall I am fine with it, I just wish the noisy song weren't one of the quietest on the album to begin with.

Was your copy white? Mine had "white vinyl" on the silver sticker, but both LPs are black.

Received my Optimal pressing from the UK today.

3 dents in packaging - not the shop's fault - 1 pierced all the way to the sleeve - sleeve is fine - inners feel like they were once dropped in a pool, possibly moon shaped

1 big surface scratch in the last half of Daydreaming

Didn't affect playback at all - So clean - Soooooo damn clean throughout 

Ecstasy 

anigif_original-grid-image-2078-14000251

I'm just gonna say FUCK ROUGH TRADE RECORDS. I ordered the white from them during the initial frenzy when we were all thinking orders might be canceled. I know it was white because it said "white" on the site when I clicked on the buy button.  They, of course, sent me the black. I wrote them and they're telling me I ordered black and refuse to do anything to make it right. Never ordering from those assholes again. Grrrr.

24 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

I'm just gonna say FUCK ROUGH TRADE RECORDS. I ordered the white from them during the initial frenzy when we were all thinking orders might be canceled. I know it was white because it said "white" on the site when I clicked on the buy button.  They, of course, sent me the black. I wrote them and they're telling me I ordered black and refuse to do anything to make it right. Never ordering from those assholes again. Grrrr.

They can indeed be not great. They don't send details of what has been ordered in the Order Confirmation email which makes it less likely you will spot problems and also leaves them the opportunity to retcon the order.

Have a look at your order page on their site (see retconning above though). Does it say LPx2 or LP+ ?