Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

1 hour ago, lexicondevil said:

I'm just gonna say FUCK ROUGH TRADE RECORDS. I ordered the white from them during the initial frenzy when we were all thinking orders might be canceled. I know it was white because it said "white" on the site when I clicked on the buy button.  They, of course, sent me the black. I wrote them and they're telling me I ordered black and refuse to do anything to make it right. Never ordering from those assholes again. Grrrr.

i ordered from rough trade. it was a little confusing, but i chose the option that was supposed to be white and received the white. arrived in great condition.

I remember some shops being confusing with their listings.

Such as, the black would be listed as 2xLP and the white was LP+ (even though it was a 2xLP record) or vice versa.  I remember thinking that there was a 1 LP version and a 2 LP version and also wondering if the white version was the same as the + version or the 'indie exclusive' versions.  I could see people making a mistake when ordering.

Having conceded that it just wasn't worth $30+, I bought the CD last week. Today I visited a record store in a suburb I hadn't been to in awhile. Surprisingly, even though they are part of a chain in which the other stores have the vinyl advertised for 25.95, they had it for 21.95. Figured it was worth a shot. After a spin on a VPI, it had its segments of distracting noise, but not overwhelmingly so. Pretty average, really.

Bonus, I found The Mercury Program 'A Data Learn the Language' & 'All the Suits Began to Fall Off' on vinyl. Could not believe it. I've never seen either of them before. Both were dusty and a bit worn, but reasonably priced and cleaned up nicely. Best score in quite awhile.

Edited by Vinyl Fury

After having a noisy experience with sides B and D on the first spin (after cleaning), I played it again today (with another quick clean) and didn't detect the same noisiness. Perhaps these were just really dirty, I don't know. Maybe I was paranoid the first time after reading some comments before my first spin. Anyway, I think I'm happy now.

On June 29, 2016 at 1:30 AM, Vinyl Fury said:

Bonus, I found The Mercury Program 'A Data Learn the Language' & 'All the Suits Began to Fall Off' on vinyl. Could not believe it. I've never seen either of them before. Both were dusty and a bit worn, but reasonably priced and cleaned up nicely. Best score in quite awhile.

Find of the decade right there

On 6/28/2016 at 8:59 AM, ExtraFox said:

They can indeed be not great. They don't send details of what has been ordered in the Order Confirmation email which makes it less likely you will spot problems and also leaves them the opportunity to retcon the order.

Have a look at your order page on their site (see retconning above though). Does it say LPx2 or LP+ ?

I did look back now and it said the one that isn't white. I don't remember which code. I was REALLY careful to make sure I was choosing the white, because I didn't want to pay the high shipping for nothing. They just altered it and sent me the black. Oh well, I'm just gonna have to eat it and let it go. I know I won't be ordering from Rough Trade again.

On 6/28/2016 at 8:59 AM, ExtraFox said:

They can indeed be not great. They don't send details of what has been ordered in the Order Confirmation email which makes it less likely you will spot problems and also leaves them the opportunity to retcon the order.

Have a look at your order page on their site (see retconning above though). Does it say LPx2 or LP+ ?

I did look back now and it said the one that isn't white. I don't remember which code. I was REALLY careful to make sure I was choosing the white, because I didn't want to pay the high shipping for nothing. They just altered it and sent me the black. Oh well, I'm just gonna have to eat it and let it go. I know I won't be ordering from Rough Trade again.