Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

42 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Haven't gotten a WASTE email, but mine appears to be moving from PA > NJ > Chicago and could be here Saturday. Would make for a nice weekend treat.

I really started to think these wouldn't come until late October. Woot.

Haven't received a shipping email from WASTE either. Mine is in NJ right now, but not expected until Monday. A Saturday delivery would be a real treat though. 

EDIT: WASTE shipping email just came through. 

Edited by ejc625

9 minutes ago, Shlebs said:

This is one time I'll settle for that stupid two song CD over trying to get Spectre on vinyl. I might have tried harder if the other song from the CD was on it instead of BTW.

I just don't think I can spend $40 on a fucking 7" that came out this year. If I didn't have a baby on the way, I probably would've done it. But it's time that I stop that shit unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I just don't think I can spend $40 on a fucking 7" that came out this year. If I didn't have a baby on the way, I probably would've done it. But it's time that I stop that shit unfortunately. 

If I had the disposable income I would but only for Radiohead lol

12 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Looks like the last few sold for $40-50 on ebay, so they have it marked at market value.

Don't get this argument started. $40 for a 7" that's <6 months old is fucking dog shit. I know you love to ream peoples' asses on resales, but not everyone is a piece of shit. 

Edit: Best part is I bought two records there today that seem to be OOP, and got an OOP Coheed & Cambria record there a few months ago. Bought all those sealed and under $20. It's not a market value thing. He just knows that one particular 7" is sought after. 

Edited by throughbeingcruel

24 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Which Coheed record?  And why does it matter how old the record is?  

Do you know if this is a record he got from the label or maybe something bought that a customer traded in...

And unfortunately I have never reamed anyone's ass....sorry.

Afterman: Ascension. It's nearly impossible to find now. And yeah, it was quite obvious that it was a copy he got from a distributor because he had it with all his regular 7"s and junk 45's. If he had bought it from a customer for any sort of markup, I'm sure it would've been on the wall with the rest of the "collectibles".

Got shipping, but it hasn't been picked up yet, so no ETA for me yet.  I've listened to this off and on, but I don't feel like I've really absorbed it too much.  It's mostly been background music for work and commuting.  Burn the Witch gets stuck in my head a lot, think that's all that really stuck so far.  Plan on pouring a pint or two and giving it my full attention once it shows up.

21 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Afterman: Ascension. It's nearly impossible to find now. And yeah, it was quite obvious that it was a copy he got from a distributor because he had it with all his regular 7"s and junk 45's. If he had bought it from a customer for any sort of markup, I'm sure it would've been on the wall with the rest of the "collectibles".

Last copy of Ascension sold for $14 on ebay...sounds like he had his listed above market at $20.  Of course it's more than 6 months old so I guess thats ok?

5 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Got shipping, but it hasn't been picked up yet, so no ETA for me yet.  I've listened to this off and on, but I don't feel like I've really absorbed it too much.  It's mostly been background music for work and commuting.  Burn the Witch gets stuck in my head a lot, think that's all that really stuck so far.  Plan on pouring a pint or two and giving it my full attention once it shows up.

Good plan. Immerse yourself.

After having more time with the album I would personally rank it as an equal to In Rainbows, but AMSP will hold a much more special place in my heart as it was the personal soundtrack for the summer in which I got married and bonded with a much older brother over this band. Seeing them live at Lollapalooza with him was incredible.

Still dying for a basement session for these tracks. I'd devote a Friday or Saturday evening to that.

6 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Good plan. Immerse yourself.

After having more time with the album I would personally rank it as an equal to In Rainbows, but AMSP will hold a much more special place in my heart as it was the personal soundtrack for the summer in which I got married and bonded with a much older brother over this band. Seeing them live at Lollapalooza with him was incredible.

Still dying for a basement session for these tracks. I'd devote a Friday or Saturday evening to that.

god a love basement session for this would be unreal. Please let this happen.