Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

Well shit... I guess there's not REALLLY a reason to buy this. It looks cool and all, but I could have sworn the description used to say "45 rpm," but maybe I was conflating that with the "78 rpm shellac records" listed as the inspiration.

Fuck. Yes. I was really not looking forward to shelling out 86.50, though I was THIS close to pulling the trigger on this so many times. This whole thing has triggered the PTSD I experienced when I missed the In Rainbows deluxe edition.

19 minutes ago, andynz said:

For those of you that have spun the special edition pressing... How does it sound? Does it suffer from the pressing issues the white and standard did? (especially on side c)

I've got mine in hand, will spin it when I get home in about 3 hours and report back if someone else doesn't.

2 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

That would be nice.

Not just for the peace of mind, but also for those of us with typical Monday-Friday office hours that work out of town, and dread the hassle that comes with finding a pink slip stuck to the door upon arrival.

I haven't checked my shipping info; I think I'm okay with being surprised whenever it may show up.

6 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Not just for the peace of mind, but also for those of us with typical Monday-Friday office hours that work out of town, and dread the hassle that comes with finding a pink slip stuck to the door upon arrival.

I haven't checked my shipping info; I think I'm okay with being surprised whenever it may show up.

That's exactly what I do. I don't trust my mailman at home, or my neighborhood. I get all my packages delivered to work. Win/win for me. I get it a few hours earlier, and it's handed directly to the doorman or my company's front desk lady. No sweats.

26 minutes ago, kannibal said:

I received mine (at work FTW) earlier today. I checked it against the Optimal pressing on Discogs, and the deadwax matches exactly. So if you already have an optimal pressed standard edition, and you ordered a special edition, now you have two.

is the optimal the better of the two?