Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

Okay here's an update.

Mine arrived.  Slight scratch on cover, no biggie.  Popped the records in and as much of an improvement it is over the white ones, it still has pops and clicks which confirms it's the same black pressings as earlier.   

As for the packaging, absolutely gorgeous.  Their best special edition yet but one question, for the records, is it safe to leave them in those sleeves? I'm a bit worried they might get scratched or damaged but I'm assuming whoever made it, took the time to address those concerns.  Hopefully?

4 minutes ago, idioteque... said:

Okay here's an update.

Mine arrived.  Slight scratch on cover, no biggie.  Popped the records in and as much of an improvement it is over the white ones, it still has pops and clicks which confirms it's the same black pressings as earlier.   

As for the packaging, absolutely gorgeous.  Their best special edition yet but one question, for the records, is it safe to leave them in those sleeves? I'm a bit worried they might get scratched or damaged but I'm assuming whoever made it, took the time to address those concerns.  Hopefully?

Quick question before we go any further: did you clean the records yet, or is this based on an uncleaned record?

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Quick question before we go any further: did you clean the records yet, or is this based on an uncleaned record?

Clean

58 minutes ago, maximuss said:

So in fact we paid an extra 50 euro for some nice packaging and 2 songs on cd...

Pretty much. 

Edited by idioteque...

6 hours ago, timsimmons said:

Your parents would probably like to see you more often. 

Lol, I know they would, and I would like to as well.  To be fair though, I do stop in and see them every Friday because I need to go into town anyways to get allergy shots.  So I always swing by and hangout for a little bit.  I was just there yesterday actually :).

got mine yesterday. thing is friggin' gorgeous as fuck, isn't it?. 

i haven't gotten to compare it to my standard black copy. but i'm pretty sure it's the same pressing so... meh. 

oh, does anyone else's copy have sticky stuff along the edge of the back page, where the cd's go?. like double sided tape or something?. i can't find an email contact on the page to ask them about it. my copy also got here with some scuffs on the cover...

3 hours ago, ChrisCo914 said:

got mine yesterday. thing is friggin' gorgeous as fuck, isn't it?. 

i haven't gotten to compare it to my standard black copy. but i'm pretty sure it's the same pressing so... meh. 

oh, does anyone else's copy have sticky stuff along the edge of the back page, where the cd's go?. like double sided tape or something?. i can't find an email contact on the page to ask them about it. my copy also got here with some scuffs on the cover...

The inside edges of the front cover and back cover on my copy are sticky, presumably from whatever adhesive was sloppily applied to secure the endpapers. Thankfully it doesn't seem to touch anything. 

Edited by fondfarewell

It sounds marginally better. Glass Eyes is my go to test track. This had less pops going into it, but still surface noise when the song begins.  Didn't realize the rainbo pressing had standard sized side labels. I thought the 78 label was the look they were going for for this album.

Got mine today... Love the presentation... Really nice job! Definitely one of the best specials i've purchased.

One question: should we actually be taking the records out of the white sleeves and inserting them 'naked' into the book (as in the unboxing video)? I tried with the white sleeves on and the lil scamps won't fit properly whichever way I try, but I am worried they may get damaged over time against the cardboard?

Will post on how everything sounds once i've had a listen tonight :lol:

Edited by SE7EN

13 minutes ago, SE7EN said:

Got mine today... Love the presentation... Really nice job! Definitely one of the best specials i've purchased.

One question: should we actually be taking the records out of the white sleeves and inserting them 'naked' into the book (as in the unboxing video)? I tried with the white sleeves on and the lil scamps won't fit properly whichever way I try, but I am worried they may get damaged over time against the cardboard?

Will post on how everything sounds once i've had a listen tonight :lol:

There's no way I'm putting my records into those rough inner sleeves found in the book.

This is overprotective, but I kept the outer plastic bag and just put the records in the white sleeves outside of the box. 

Edited by itsgoodtobefree

8 minutes ago, itsgoodtobefree said:

There's no way I'm putting my records into those rough inner sleeves found in the book.

This is overprotective, but I kept the outer plastic bag and just put the records in the white sleeves outside of the box. 

Yeah, that's what I thought... Not sure you can be too overprotective when it comes to cardboard rubbing against a record! :)